Sketer Talk me out of buying a Sketer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any particular suggestion on tyres? Tyre experimenting is not cheap….🤓
For jumping and stunting, 3.8 MT'S. Proline Badlands are probably the best. I'm a fan of Arrma Backflips, the MT's will give the better air control, LP's better ground control.3.8 MT's may be a bit taxing on stock electronics (hot), so keep that in mind. Honorable mention to the Redcat Kaiju OG (the blue one) tires, they're a Badland knockoff, around 6" tall, lightweight and cheap. Can get them for around $32 a pair retail.

For jumping and stunting, 3.8 MT'S. Proline Badlands are probably the best. I'm a fan of Arrma Backflips, the MT's will give the better air control, LP's better ground control.3.8 MT's may be a bit taxing on stock electronics (hot), so keep that in mind. Honorable mention to the Redcat Kaiju OG (the blue one) tires, they're a Badland knockoff, around 6" tall, lightweight and cheap. Can get them for around $32 a pair retail.
I agree with KA. I really like the BF lp’s if I’m just screwing around then that usually my go to tire. The mt’s are a bit taxing but work just fine. I really like some of the Sweeps as well, especially on street rc’s.

If you have problems doing backflips with the Notorious, none of these cars are going to do it better. They're the same wheelbase, but with smaller tires and less power, so they'll be harder to backflip.

If you have problems doing backflips with the Notorious, none of these cars are going to do it better. They're the same wheelbase, but with smaller tires and less power, so they'll be harder to backflip.
I guess that does make sense. The only rig that I own that may flip faster is the Kaiju, but it's not as durable. Or possibly the v1 MT410, also not as durable (driveshafts bend)..

I guess that does make sense. The only rig that I own that may flip faster is the Kaiju, but it's not as durable. Or possibly the v1 MT410, also not as durable (driveshafts bend)..

I know I might be answering my own questions here but take a look at this:

At time 2:22 to 2:36 the video maker (who no longer has the Arrma Granite) pulls off 2 jumps of the type I want to do. Can the skeeter do this? With my Notorious 6S its not so easy, from practice of a few packs recently I have to sort of gain a bit of momentum just before the jump, don't accelerate but sort of roll up, and then quickly squeezing hard for the back flip. Very possible now that I practice a bit but I'm hoping it gets easier with a lighter smaller slower vehicle. All in the name of not needing to jump too far. Believe me, a small mistake on the throttle and I am AWAY.....Its actually easier to backflip and land with plenty of air / distance, but...again...thats counter to the objective.

thickening up your center diff fluid can also help with those backflips. Think of it (center diff fluid thickness) as a clutch effect.

thickening up your center diff fluid can also help with those backflips. Think of it (center diff fluid thickness) as a clutch effect.
i suppose i want to ask if the sketer, stock on 4s with perhaps a change of tyres (I am still confused with 3.8MT tyres being suggested for the Sketer seeing as there is potential difficulty to fit with dboot Backflip LP), with as thick as necessary Center diff fluid can flip as simply as the granite in 2:22 of the video above.

The goal is to be able to start from the zero speed at the bottom of the ramp, squeeze the throttle hard, and end up with just a 4 ft high jump and a single backflip and just 2-4 ft in front of the ramp. That'll do, that'll do. All the boys and girls in my condo will clap and salute!

As a comparison with my Notorious, if I do the same, and squeeze the throttle hard IT WILL LAUNCH minimum 6-10ft, 1.5 backflips and land upside down if I don't modulate the brakes, about 10-15 feet away. If I modulate the throttle i can almost land the backflip properly all the time, just that it is farther away. The 6S 1/8 truck digs hard onto the lawn, and precious grass is mowed. There are now holes in the lawn and its a very very dry season recently.

As comparison with my notorious, to achieve the same jump, I usually need to roll up with very mild speed, wait for it to reach the last 1/4 of the ramp, and THEN gun the throttle so that it only rotates and not gain to much speed. Much more difficult to do, and requires practice. I much prefer to swagger into town and do the one with Granite because it makes me look more like the Youtuber rather than a bumbling idiot with an overpowered heavy toy car.

Back