Muraco Some improvements are done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmann98

Reaction score
Haven’t gotten home from work before dark all week to run the truck but I’ve managed to get a few things done. +8mm hubs and Backflip 4s tires/wheels. 60w oil in front shocks. Diffs topped off…thanks factory workers for not filling them lol. Kronos front/rear skids. Third battery strap installed and battery tray/esc bolted back in over a thin layer of foam padding which will keep the esc from wobbling up and down and it also firmed up the tray so it doesn’t wiggle around anymore. Tower 2 tower brace will be ordered soon, but I’m not a “send it to the moon” kinda driver anyway so let’s take it out this weekend and have some fun!
8BED4E1E-847C-4D4E-9C4D-A71C0AD8E093.jpeg

Almost forgot! Got rid of that stock radio and installed a Spektrum receiver and got it set up in my dx5 radio👍

Snow was always brilliant!
Still remember rushing home from school, fast charging a nicad, and rushing back out with my Tamiya Subaru Brat....... That was about 40 years ago! Don't get much snow in my bit of the UK☹️

Still remember rushing home from school, fast charging a nicad, and rushing back out with my Tamiya Subaru Brat....... That was about 40 years ago! Don't get much snow in my bit of the UK☹️
Yep…40 years ago….my sand scorcher in the snow!!

Subaru Brat!!! 😎 Awesome car. Great car - RS380 version of the Frog, right - but with a detailed styrene body. My mate had one - I raced my Superchamp around that time! (With a black motor sprint). 😅

Snow used to happen in the southern half of the UK - but not so much any more. I used to enjoy running my rigs on icy, hard packed snow. 2008 was the last time we had proper hard packed stuff suitable for ripping around on. 👍

Yep, RS380, 6v nicad, and a seriously cool pick-up body. Acoms AP227 stick transmitter, brown crystal............. Upgraded to the 540 with 7,2v nicad and full ball bearings. Those were the days😁

Here's what I've done to my Muraco:

Powerhobby 729 MBL servo
TC 7075 5mm front shock tower
TC 7075 5mm rear shock tower
TC 7075 front chassis brace
TC 7075 rear chassis brace
TC Xtreme Chassis Brace kit
TC 7075 center diff support
CNC 7075 hinge pin mounts, front and rear
CNC 7075 center diff motor mount insert
Corally heavy shock springs
Corally heavy duty steering blocks
Corally rear CVDs
TRB RC ceramic hybrid wheel bearings
Arrma dboot Katar T belted tires

Here's what I've done to my Muraco:

Powerhobby 729 MBL servo
TC 7075 5mm front shock tower
TC 7075 5mm rear shock tower
TC 7075 front chassis brace
TC 7075 rear chassis brace
TC Xtreme Chassis Brace kit
TC 7075 center diff support
CNC 7075 hinge pin mounts, front and rear
CNC 7075 center diff motor mount insert
Corally heavy shock springs
Corally heavy duty steering blocks
Corally rear CVDs
TRB RC ceramic hybrid wheel bearings
Arrma dboot Katar T belted tires
Lots of stuff there that’s on my list! Slow and steady I’ll get there lol. Thanks for your service also 👍

Lots of stuff there that’s on my list! Slow and steady I’ll get there lol. Thanks for your service also 👍
I did mine over time, starting with the front and rear chassis braces and shock towers. The 7075 center diff support had to come from Corally Europe - it has never been available for sale in the US. The last item installed was the Xtreme chassis brace: I don’t do big jumps, and I probably don’t need it, but the Muraco just looked like it was missing something without it.

I did mine over time, starting with the front and rear chassis braces and shock towers. The 7075 center diff support had to come from Corally Europe - it has never been available for sale in the US. The last item installed was the Xtreme chassis brace: I don’t do big jumps, and I probably don’t need it, but the Muraco just looked like it was missing something without it.
You’re right about it not looking complete without the xtreme brace. But like you, I don’t send it sky high. I really think it would be ok but I’ll install it anyway at some point.

Back