Sketer Sketer wide build done for now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
Ok, finished up with the wide build. Thing is a beast...tried my best to roll it, full speed on street and turning....just leans and turns, or slides. Really quick with the motor setup I have and back with the stock tires.

Added wing
Tbone bumper
Kronos XTR spring steel tie rods
Dementor arms
Dementor rear shock tower
Stock Sketer front and rear hubs and short axles
Kronos XTR shock springs in rear.

Modified the Sketer body for now. Will have to use a truggy style body with how the wing is so close to the tower and shocks. Still looking into what body I am going to get.

The rear sway bar mounts to the arms perpendicular, not at an angle like the stock sketer. Used Arrma 6s sway bar link since it is split and the ends can rotate. Stock sketer link won't work, Arrma one was exact same size other than the ends can rotate. Works perfect.

Really happy with the results so far!

20220312_212005.jpg
20220312_212024.jpg
20220313_124851.jpg
20220313_124906.jpg
20220313_125625.jpg
20220313_125631.jpg
20220313_125642.jpg
20220313_130351.jpg
20220313_130403.jpg
20220313_130440.jpg
20220313_130803.jpg
20220313_130808.jpg

Looks like a mean ass Bruggy Brah!!🤘👍🍻😎
The wing looks badass IMO 🤘

She looks nice!
That stance is much more proportional and is what Corally probably should have done originally.

I think this is going to become a very popular mod.

I'll bet you saved a few bucks by retaining the Sketer hubs and short stub axles versus going wide hubs?

She looks nice!
That stance is much more proportional and is what Corally probably should have done originally.

I think this is going to become a very popular mod.

I'll bet you saved a few bucks by retaining the Sketer hubs and short stub axles versus going wide hubs?
Already had the wide hubs on it before, but wanted more width. So could have used either one. Just wanted it this way at first to try out.

Lowered the body as much as possible, and trimmed off those stupid long side panels. Those things would just flap in the wind at speed. Lol.

20220313_211419.jpg
20220313_211243.jpg

In some of your photos it looks like the front is just a bit wider than the rear. Is it just an optical trick, or is the front really wider?

In some of your photos it looks like the front is just a bit wider than the rear. Is it just an optical trick, or is the front really wider?
Just the camera angle.

Also, how do the rear arms look at full droop?

I was debating between the Kronos rear tower and the Dementor.
You have the Dementor and I went Kronos, it's cool that we can compare the two set ups

Also, how do the rear arms look at full droop?

I was debating between the Kronos rear tower and the Dementor.
You have the Dementor and I went Kronos, it's cool that we can compare the two set ups
20220313_220900.jpg

I moved the shocks out to the outer hole on the shock tower but it made nearly zero difference to droop.
20220313_231937~2.jpg

I bought the shocks all the way in on the tower and got a bit more droop.
20220313_233745~2.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, finished up with the wide build. Thing is a beast...tried my best to roll it, full speed on street and turning....just leans and turns, or slides. Really quick with the motor setup I have and back with the stock tires.

Added wing
Tbone bumper
Kronos XTR spring steel tie rods
Dementor arms
Dementor rear shock tower
Stock Sketer front and rear hubs and short axles
Kronos XTR shock springs in rear.

Modified the Sketer body for now. Will have to use a truggy style body with how the wing is so close to the tower and shocks. Still looking into what body I am going to get.

The rear sway bar mounts to the arms perpendicular, not at an angle like the stock sketer. Used Arrma 6s sway bar link since it is split and the ends can rotate. Stock sketer link won't work, Arrma one was exact same size other than the ends can rotate. Works perfect.

Really happy with the results so far!

View attachment 1616View attachment 1617View attachment 1618View attachment 1619View attachment 1620View attachment 1621View attachment 1622View attachment 1623View attachment 1624View attachment 1625View attachment 1626View attachment 1627
Looks awesome! :D

I moved the shocks out to the outer hole on the shock tower but it made nearly zero difference to droop.
View attachment 1652

I bought the shocks all the way in on the tower and got a bit more droop.
View attachment 1653
Yeah, the Kronos tower shock holes look a little lower than the dementor.

FYI, I noticed on the stock Dementor and Kronos they use the upper hole to mount the rear hubs to the arms, so I did that with mine. Gives it a little more clearance.

Screenshot_20220314-023912_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220314-024422_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, the Kronos tower shock holes look a little lower than the dementor.

FYI, I noticed on the stock Dementor and Kronos they use the upper hole to mount the rear hubs to the arms, so I did that with mine. Gives it a little more clearance.

View attachment 1654

View attachment 1655
I wonder why the Kronos got the tower that allows more droop? I would have thought that the Dementor would get the set-up that allows for more droop/ground clearance since it's the stunt truck.
If I hadn't had the Kronos at home to rob parts off of I would have ordered the Dementor rear tower too.

Thanks for that catch on the hub mounting hole! I was burning the midnight oil when I installed the hubs and didn't even bother to check that.

I wonder why the Kronos got the tower that allows more droop? I would have thought that the Dementor would get the set-up that allows for more droop/ground clearance since it's the stunt truck.
If I hadn't had the Kronos at home to rob parts off of I would have ordered the Dementor rear tower too.

Thanks for that catch on the hub mounting hole! I was burning the midnight oil when I installed the hubs and didn't even bother to check that.
Yeah, I checked and the dementor has the same length rear shocks, so guess that's just how they set it up. Fine by me, I don't plan on sending this rig really high, I have a Kraton and OC6s built up for big sends.

I set up the Sketer on the lower hub hole at first too, then saw that when doing some research so moved it to the upper one. Stock Sketer used the lower.

Back