Sketer Sketer or rival mt10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouldy

Reaction score
As title says really, I've narrowed it down to the sketer or mt10, both will be brought for the same price, so which is the better basher?
I've got a Kronos and a asuga already

Cheers Peter

Last edited:
I vote rival mt10, I don't own a sketer and never will, never really interested me, the rival takes some serious abuse, not bulletproof but not far from it either, great little truck.

IMG_20240309_172500788.jpg

IMG_20240309_172513394.jpg

I have a Sketer and it is a tank now. But i put loads of upgrades in it. Only thing i think of the Sketer. Hard to work on die to the massive amount of bracing everywhere.
don't have the mt10 but from what i have seen, it is tough also. Hard choice. don't think you would go wrong with either of them.

If I had the choice again I’d get the MT10… my brother has one and it is nimble, fast and there is better spares availability.

Corally provide very little in the way of spares support (in my opinion) in the UK.

Yeah I'm still getting the mt10, next month most likely, what the deal is, I had the opportunity to get the sketer for £310 brand new obviously, I've got a friend who runs a model shop and he's got me one in at cost price, it'll be here tomorrow, so for £310 the sketer has to be the best buy
But I'm definitely getting the mt10 still
Got a twin surpass heatsink and fan to go on it, with a 16t pinion

The chunky monkey has landed 😁
It's smaller than I thought it would be, glad I didn't get the mt10, not keen on small rigs, but dam this is heavy for a tenth scale
Just waiting for my 15 and 16t pinions to get here, then take it out

IMG_20240314_111952.jpg

IMG_20240314_111944.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, she is heavy! And loads of fun. Put a fan (or 2) on the motor. Especially when you gear up. When you keep the stock gearing, you will be fine. Mine is a unbreakable tank 🤣 and even heavier 🥴

Oh, that will do just fine. Just watch out for the temps. You will love it. I put some harder springs on mine. Weight was to high and it slammed the body to the ground to easy. Even with heavier shock oil.
Bloody forgot about the springs, i had to put the hard springs on my Kronos, and those surpass heatsinks are great, worked a treat on my asuga, knocked about 50f of the temps 😲

Looking mighty fine! 😍
I've had a bit of a corally love in recently lol
Didn't own a corally until the beginning of February 😲😲
Kagama is next, roller, then max8 in it

IMG_20240314_163145.jpg

IMG_20240314_163137.jpg

Last edited:
Bloody forgot about the springs, i had to put the hard springs on my Kronos, and those surpass heatsinks are great, worked a treat on my asuga, knocked about 50f of the temps 😲

I've had a bit of a corally love in recently lol
Didn't own a corally until the beginning of February 😲😲
Kagama is next, roller, then max8 in it

View attachment 5616

View attachment 5617
Don't go there. It is a Corally trap. Gonna skip the Kagama. I think 😉 Hope a onroad basher will be released 🤞

Was just comparing it to my mt8, there pretty much the same size, same wheelbase anyhow

IMG_20240314_164505.jpg

IMG_20240314_164512.jpg

Just swapped the body's around
You can definitely make the sketer fit on the mt8, tiny bit of modding

Attachments

• IMG_20240314_164817.jpg
    IMG_20240314_164817.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20240314_164758.jpg
    IMG_20240314_164758.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 21
Thinking of getting the roller ( well I am getting one, just not sure when), and just putting my stock Kronos electronics in the kagama

lol, I agree Stig, I do want to see an onroad type basher from them as well. But in the mean time, I’ve been thoroughly enjoying my Kagama! 😀

I must have tripped over H’s 4mm metal balls and fell into the dreaded Kagama trap 🤣

View attachment 5622
That or the green one I'll be getting
Not keen on my blue asuga, wish I got the green one
Looks good thou mate👍

Last edited:
I’m definitely no authority on any brand and I’ve owned many over my lifetime but I’ve been really surprised at what the Corally rc’s are capable of doing. In addition, they sure seem to take a fair amount of abuse. My Kagama get plenty of work, and as long and I give it the proper attention, it just keeps going.

The added benefit that seems to come along with Corally is this wonderful forum, its knowledge and helpful members and their willingness to share their knowledge. Even if you have non Corally questions, this groups will give you help. Pretty remarkable bunch of yahoo’s around here, which just makes having a Corally even better. 👍

That deserves a double like, but only ones aloud, so here's 2 thumbs up instead👍👍

Look what Amazon just delivered
Get the 16t on and take it out tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_20240314_173724.jpg
    IMG_20240314_173724.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I’m definitely no authority on any brand and I’ve owned many over my lifetime but I’ve been really surprised at what the Corally rc’s are capable of doing. In addition, they sure seem to take a fair amount of abuse. My Kagama get plenty of work, and as long and I give it the proper attention, it just keeps going.

The added benefit that seems to come along with Corally is this wonderful forum, its knowledge and helpful members and their willingness to share their knowledge. Even if you have non Corally questions, this groups will give you help. Pretty remarkable bunch of yahoo’s around here, which just makes having a Corally even better. 👍
Yeah we are a bunch of nerds who like toy cars 🤣

Right I've put 15mm hex extenders on, not putting the 16t pinion on, using a 15t, as the extra size of the 4s backflip are bigger
And I'll put the sketer wheels on my asuga
Would have preferred the wide mod instead of the extenders, but if I'm honest I've used extenders on many cars over the years and have had zero issues, maybe it's cause I don't bash that hard, no 25ft jumps here lol

IMG_20240314_202859.jpg

IMG_20240314_202841.jpg

IMG_20240314_202821.jpg

Back