Sketer or Kronos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
Never had a Team Corally rig but been in the hobby for 30 years. Loving the looks of the over-engineered Sketer, but have a couple of 1/10 trucks already (Rival MT10 and Arrma Big Rock). With the Kronos a few bucks cheaper than the Sketer I'm thinking about jumping into 1/8 with the Kronos. I was waiting around for the Rival MT8 but that seems to be stuck getting to market. I typically stick to yard bashing and a bit of a back yard race track. Not someone who is into big sends and maximum air time. Thoughts?

I only have a Sketer. But i am new into RC. If i had more knowledge, i would go for the XTR and go crazy on the electronics and upgrades😉

Sketer is cheaper by the time you build out.

I like 1/10 as they are accessible, easier to store and transport, are cheaper initially and over the long run, and generally run on fewer celled batteries (also cheaper). But life's a rich tapestry glad there's choices!
"Life is a rich tapestry"....indeed it is!

You couldn't go wrong either way. Heck, just flip a coin and don't look back.

My two cents on the Sketer...
Since you have a backyard track the Sketer with wide hubs seems like a good match to what you already have going on.

Later on you can do the long arm conversion, reasonable MT tires, MT body and you'd have a very cool stunt truck.

Wide arms, typical truggy body, 1/8 truggy tires and you'll have one heck of a backyard racer.

On the Kronos...
Since you don't do big air you'll probably never need to upgrade anything in it's truggy form. The Kronos XTR will tear your backyard track up, in a good way!

Reasonable MT tires and a MT body would get you a 1/8 MT that will handle like a dream.
You'll get to run whatever cool MT body/ paintjob you want to.
You will install electronics for a MT build right away, you won't pay for electronics that you replace when building your MT.
Get a big, torquey, low kv motor, high kg servo, larger than "necessary" esc and build it right the first time. You know RTR electronics almost always disappoint.

I'm pretty much saying that you should build a great MT on the Kronos XTR roller and forget about the MT you wanted to buy because yours will be way cooler than anything bought prebuilt. 😎

Last edited:
You couldn't go wrong either way. Heck, just flip a coin and don't look back.

My two cents on the Sketer...
Since you have a backyard track the Sketer with wide hubs seems like a good match to what you already have going on.

Later on you can do the long arm conversion, reasonable MT tires, MT body and you'd have a very cool stunt truck.

Wide arms, typical truggy body, 1/8 truggy tires and you'll have one heck of a backyard racer.

On the Kronos...
Since you don't do big air you'll probably never need to upgrade anything in it's truggy form. The Kronos XTR will tear your backyard track up, in a good way!

Reasonable MT tires and a MT body would get you a 1/8 MT that will handle like a dream.
You'll get to run whatever cool MT body/ paintjob you want to.
You will install electronics for a MT build right away, you won't pay for electronics that you replace when building your MT.
Get a big, torquey, low kv motor, high kg servo, larger than "necessary" esc and build it right the first time. You know RTR electronics almost always disappoint.

I'm pretty much saying that you should build a great MT on the Kronos XTR roller and forget about the MT you wanted to buy because yours will be way cooler than anything bought prebuilt. 😎
What a ridiculously thorough response...absolutely brilliant!

What a ridiculously thorough response...absolutely brilliant!
You asked a good question and gave us enough information about yourself, as a basher, and how you intend to use the car. You mentioned your interest in a 1/8 MT that's not available yet.

Your question really deserves a proper response.

welcome in how do u like the mt10?
Love the MT10...lots of adjustability and easy to work on. No real problem areas as far as durability goes. I put a HW EZRUN Max10 SCT esc in along with a beefier servo and left the rest alone. Quick on 2s and blistering on 3s. Handles way too well for a MT. I try to love my Arrma Big Rock but have had to spend way more to keep it running and handling well...I hate the stupid power modual design. It's a good looking rig and plenty fast, though.

Never had a Team Corally rig but been in the hobby for 30 years. Loving the looks of the over-engineered Sketer, but have a couple of 1/10 trucks already (Rival MT10 and Arrma Big Rock). With the Kronos a few bucks cheaper than the Sketer I'm thinking about jumping into 1/8 with the Kronos. I was waiting around for the Rival MT8 but that seems to be stuck getting to market. I typically stick to yard bashing and a bit of a back yard race track. Not someone who is into big sends and maximum air time. Thoughts?
Sketer it is...should be in the shop by Thursday!

Nice!!!
Now get up to 25 post and you could possibly win a Kronos XTR and have the best of 4s and 6s!!!

Back