Sketer Sketer has a makeover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crapusername1

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
Finished fitting today and this body fits really well yes it's a bit dull to look at but it's a really tough shell I've also put an old hobbywing 150amp esc in with the original motor and it will do standing backflips now but these tires are going to explode soon and I was going to upgrade the servo too I've read alot of people's builds and some of those servos aren't available in Australia what servos are you all using ?mine seems a bit sluggish

20220928_164326.jpg

If i may ask, why upgrade the servo? Why not set it on 7.4v and upgrade when it breakes. I want to upgrade 2 but after i break it. Thinking of 1 of these 2 corally servos. Running Kuron 825 esc torox 185. Changed centre diff oil to 500k. Hope that makes a difference. Ran stock oil setup.

Screenshot_2022-09-28-15-05-42-23_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

I will change them
If i may ask, why upgrade the servo? Why not set it on 7.4v and upgrade when it breakes. I want to upgrade 2 but after i break it. Thinking of 1 of these 2 corally servos. Running Kuron 825 esc torox 185. Changed centre diff oil to 500k. Hope that makes a difference. Ran stock oil setup.

View attachment 3056
I will check its not already set on 7.4 it just seems a little slow or sluggish when I sit it beside another truck and compare the two but the one I'm comparing it to does have a hitec in it, I was trying to see what other servos what others people use nowadays

I will change them

I will check its not already set on 7.4 it just seems a little slow or sluggish when I sit it beside another truck and compare the two but the one I'm comparing it to does have a hitec in it, I was trying to see what other servos what others people use nowadays
When upgrading a steering servo, my normal choice is the Powerhobby 729MBL. I have four of them in various vehicles, both crawlers and bashers. It's fast, it's strong, and it's brushless. Check out the link below.

https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-729mbl.html

Rarely, if ever, do you see a 25kg servo in an RTR vehicle: in my mind, the Corally RTR servos do not need replacing. I run the stock servos in my two Corally vehicles at 7.4V, and they work great.
I found the reason it wasn't turning properly today if put the upper control arm on back to front which doesn't let the pillow balls turn all the way it wasn't the servo it was the gorilla behind the trigger but I did check and it was already set on7.4

20220929_171850.jpg

I found the reason it wasn't turning properly today if put the upper control arm on back to front which doesn't let the pillow balls turn all the way it wasn't the servo it was the gorilla behind the trigger but I did check and it was already set on7.4

View attachment 3059
Glad you found your issue: It's always better if the fix is free.

Back