Sketer Sketer - 6S bashing tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Hey all!

I've done some work on my Sketer. I gave her the wide build that @razorrc and some others posted on Youtube. I think the wider stance definitely helps. I've also upgraded her with 6S electronics and a 15 tooth pinion. I've mostly run her on 4S but, after seeing how fun my Asuga was on 6S, decided to run the Sketer on 6S. I landed on the roof. A lot.

I haven't done anything with the diff fluid yet, but I did add heavier shock fluid--700 CST--and I think that's too much for the area I'm bashing. I'm driving at a construction site, which has plenty of small jumps, but I'm really not sending her 20 feet or anything like that. What do ya'll use for basic 4-6S bashing with the Sketer? Is the stock weight good, or should I go with something different?

I realize my poor driving is the biggest factor contributing to so many crashes, but it seems like the rig is very unforgiving, much less so than the Asuga. Maybe that's just the nature of the beast with a shorter wheelbase. But I'd like to dial her in a little better while my driving skills catch up. Any advise you can offer is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Okay, so I took the Sketer out again, along with my Arrma Big Rock and my Asuga. I found that I crashed the BRRC just as much as I crashed the Sketer. So, maybe the tuning is less of an issue than I thought. I guess I'm just a bad driver, LOL. Oh well, guess I just need more practice. I did have some better results with the Sketer overall though I did get my first real breakage. Just a steering link, so no big deal. But man, that Asuga...she handles SO nice!

Hell ya brother! I did the @razorrc wide conversion with Proline Badlands too. It handles amazing. I also put a Max8 and 4274 motor combo with 16 tooth pinion. It rips on 4s (53-ish mph). I haven't tried 6s. I'd think it be to crazy for my driving area and I'd probably break something. ;)

I kept blowing the front tires of the rims. It would always wheelie when I didn't want it to. I did put 200k "or was it 250k?:unsure:" fluid in the center diff. It stays more planted on acceleration, but will still wheelie if I want it to.

I really wish more people gave the Sketer a chance. With a few upgrades It's a great machine. Even w/o the 6s system. The Stock system is fast with a 15t pinion...well so I've heard anyway.

Yeah, my Sketer rips on 4s, with the stock system and a 15t pinion. I guess, after driving the Asuga on 6s, I just wanted to see how the Sketer handles on 6s. It's got some crazy power--slips onto its roof if you gun it. My second 6S bash went better, mostly, than my first. I had more successful jumps and landings on the construction site where I bash. But then I finally broke something, other than knocking my hinge pins out of place.

She did a nasty cartwheel then the wheels were all floppy. It turns out it was just a plastic bit--forget the name--attached to the steering link. Also, it looks like the screw holding the shock in place backed out a little. Oh well, we're talking about 5 minutes of repairs to get 'er up and running again.

1710010883954.png

I really wish more people gave the Sketer a chance. With a few upgrades It's a great machine. Even w/o the 6s system.

Absolutely! It was my first RC to run anything higher than 3S. The next was the Asuga, so, between these two, I guess I'm kinda spoiled, LOL.

Yeah, my Sketer rips on 4s, with the stock system and a 15t pinion. I guess, after driving the Asuga on 6s, I just wanted to see how the Sketer handles on 6s. It's got some crazy power--slips onto its roof if you gun it. My second 6S bash went better, mostly, than my first. I had more successful jumps and landings on the construction site where I bash. But then I finally broke something, other than knocking my hinge pins out of place.

She did a nasty cartwheel then the wheels were all floppy. It turns out it was just a plastic bit--forget the name--attached to the steering link. Also, it looks like the screw holding the shock in place backed out a little. Oh well, we're talking about 5 minutes of repairs to get 'er up and running again.

View attachment 5591

Absolutely! It was my first RC to run anything higher than 3S. The next was the Asuga, so, between these two, I guess I'm kinda spoiled, LOL.
Same, my first rig was a BRCC. Fantastic starter truck.

My only complaint with the Sketer is I can't find a body I like that fits. I was thinking of trying a v1 Maxx body.

Back