Sketer Screws motor mount Sketer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Stig

Reaction score
I found out some wrong information in the exploded view.
I have loosened the screws on my motor mount, and i found out that the screws in there are the c-3003-40-14 with the hex socket head. Measured it myself.
The exploded view is saying there should be c-3003-40-16 with hex button head.
I need new screws so what should i order? i think the c-3003-40-14 because they are in there from the start.
Are there more members wich have the same screws as me?

thought so, just making sure i am doing what is right. Btw, the lower screw is a pain to get to without disassambling the whole tower :(

Yes I have to take the whole damn tower off to get that, which requires disassembling the whole bracing system. I hope they can fix this somehow to make it easier to get to the center diff and mount screws on the sketer. It shouldn't be that difficult to access these items that are regular maintenance items! Jmho

Last edited:
Ya I did it 2 times. When it came to the 3rd I said forget that. I grabbed the saws-all and cut a small notch in-line with the hex wrench turn in the side plastic shroud. I figured it wouldn't make a big difference in truck performance.;)

I just looked at the Sketer layout: I feel sorry for you guys when you have to do maintenance. My Radix is so much easier to work on.

Radix motor area.jpg

They should really make a mod for that screw. Its a pain

I just looked at the Sketer layout: I feel sorry for you guys when you have to do maintenance. My Radix is so much easier to work on.

View attachment 2306
Next thing i am gonna do is buy a radix6 2022. Parts are almost the same as the Sketer right?
Radix doesn't have a tower. Makes maintenance easier

They should really make a mod for that screw. Its a pain

Next thing i am gonna do is buy a radix6 2022. Parts are almost the same as the Sketer right?
Radix doesn't have a tower. Makes maintenance easier
Yes, no tower, and no long chassis brace to get in the way of maintenance. Four screws to get to the center diff.

I’m not sure how much of the Radix is the same as the Sketer.

Yes I have to take the whole damn tower off to get that, which requires disassembling the whole bracing system. I hope they can fix this somehow to make it easier to get to the center diff and mount screws on the sketer. It shouldn't be that difficult to access these items that are regular maintenance items! Jmho
If you remove one of the tower pins you can just swivel it out of the way for maintenance. When dealing with the motor I just unscrew the whole mount from the bottom of the chassis. All the bracing does slow down the maintenance...a new challenge to work through!

If you remove one of the tower pins you can just swivel it out of the way for maintenance. When dealing with the motor I just unscrew the whole mount from the bottom of the chassis. All the bracing does slow down the maintenance...a new challenge to work through!
I luckely know that 😉 But if you put on a different pinion you still cant acces the lower screw without taking all the bracing off. Damn i need a electric screwdriver 🤔😉

I luckely know that 😉 But if you put on a different pinion you still cant acces the lower screw without taking all the bracing off. Damn i need a electric screwdriver 🤔😉
Yep because the braces attach right to the tower. When it's all together it's stout but getting in there for maintenance is a beast. I'd almost give up the center diff attachment for this reason

Yes! I bought an electric screwdriver not too long ago...changed my life! Absolutely the best bang-for-the-buck RC tool on my bench (along with the MIP drivers).

Exactamundo! and replace the pin with this and a M4 self locking nut…

I changed the pinion last night and thought of this thread...yep, it took way longer than I thought it would.

Back