Rear wing: I've had enough…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol1ver

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Dementor
…of the bl**dy thingy!
Or -to be more precise- the wing mounts. The break off every time I land my Kronisher on the back.

So I went Truggy style:
946BCB02-41A8-4902-8F86-FFB323ADA183.jpeg

988D1BA8-FC29-4701-8C12-51081C9D5E47.jpeg

Looks even meaner :devilish:

I'm also on my last set of unbroken mounting holes after a couple of poor tail landings.
Will the lack of spoiler make damaging the shock tower/shock caps more likely? Looks a bit exposed now.

Actually I've had the same concern, BUT since I took out the bracing kit the chassis is able to flex a litte, so the towers still hold up well.
Honestly I'm not bashing it too hard.
For the tough stuff I use my other vehicle...

Interesting - so controlled flex to absorb impacts. Any concerns on the rear centre driveshaft getting bent as the chassis flexes?

Flex,;) not bend o_O I'm talking about a few millimeters. Just enough to take away the stress from the shock towers.

edit: To answer the question of @Jeffwazz : no concerns at all.

With the braces installed, the chassis is completely stiff, so all impact force goes directly to the tower.

So much for my own personal theory... maybe experience prooves me wrong :unsure:

Last edited:
I'm actually looking not only for the mount, thank you for the link, but a new wing because mine is destroyed. Everywhere I checked it seems like it's out of stock. I am in the US, so does anybody know where I can purchase one?

Also, what other bodies fit the Kronos XTR 2022?

I'm actually looking not only for the mount, thank you for the link, but a new wing because mine is destroyed. Everywhere I checked it seems like it's out of stock. I am in the US, so does anybody know where I can purchase one?

Also, what other bodies fit the Kronos XTR 2022?
@3D-RC.online got you!! Unbreakable mounts and wings!!
As to the question of the shock towers and shock caps being more vulnerable without the wing, I'd gues yes. How much? IDK. The wing takes a bit of stress off the body too I feel.. just thinking out loud here, can't say honestly, I try not to run without the wing since the look of not having it irritates me, LOL.
Also, the kronos and kraton 6s are almost identical dimensionally speaking, so anything that fits a kraton 6s should fit the kronos.

Last edited:
I’ve posted a cheap solution a couple of times. Don’t want to give the impression that I’m pushing it but…
I just found it.. I have to dust off my printers and give it a go..one of these days. Shame I haven't used my printers since the virus came along..🤷‍♂️

👍🏻 it hasn’t got the nicest finish but you won’t notice once it’s on the car.

I broke my wing every run within minutes until I got this mount. Asked a small business to print it for me: 16 euro including shipping.

Back