Punisher Rear and Front diff service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffwazz

Reaction score
So, according to the Punisher manual, the front and rear diff is readily accessed by removing the 2 screws through the skids plate, followed by the 2 diff case screws - then simply 'extract the differential'.
Yes there's another bit - unhooking the sway bar, but has anyone actually managed to remove the diff following the manual?

For me, I had to:-
Unhook the sway bar,
Remove all 4 skid plate screws,
Flex the skid plate downwards,
Remove the rear hinge pin holder (2 screws)
Then extract the differential.
After that though, access is easy😁
IMG_20230702_185545_926.jpg

After all that, diff output cups have been replaced with the Swiss versions, and the diff rebuilt and filled with 10k silicone - the EXH cups were pretty much done.
IMG_20230702_221826_498.jpg

So, according to the Punisher manual, the front and rear diff is readily accessed by removing the 2 screws through the skids plate, followed by the 2 diff case screws - then simply 'extract the differential'.
Yes there's another bit - unhooking the sway bar, but has anyone actually managed to remove the diff following the manual?

For me, I had to:-
Unhook the sway bar,
Remove all 4 skid plate screws,
Flex the skid plate downwards,
Remove the rear hinge pin holder (2 screws)
Then extract the differential.
After that though, access is easy😁View attachment 4172

After all that, diff output cups have been replaced with the Swiss versions, and the diff rebuilt and filled with 10k silicone - the EXH cups were pretty much done.
I always end up removing the lower shock screws as well to swing them out of the way so driveshafts don't hit them halfway out but yeah, otherwise exactly the way you ended up doing it

Back