Kagama Razor RC Kagama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razorrc

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kagama
  2. Kronos XTR
  3. Punisher
  4. Sketer
I got the green RTR. Got a chance to drive it this morning, the truck is an absolute monster. These things are faster than I remember, but it’s been awhile since I drove one. Video (late) tonight.

IMG_4748.jpeg

Looking forward to the vid, still haven't driven mine yet after owning it for 3 months, getting anxious, looks the part and most have only good to say about them

I got the green RTR. Got a chance to drive it this morning, the truck is an absolute monster. These things are faster than I remember, but it’s been awhile since I drove one. Video (late) tonight.

View attachment 5130
Great video again Razor. Looks like you may have broken wing support bracket in video if wing is sitting at slightly odd angle. I seem to bust one of the holes in those brackets most runs. Not sure of the best solution. I've tried washers around bolts. Maybe a better bet is the bendy 3D printed option from 3DRC but shipment to UK is expensive. I can get nearly 3 replacement assemblies for cost of 1 printed part.

Also be interesting to see what you make of servo. I've had fun and games with servo and servo saver. Bust a couple of servos which was probably my fault. Also bust servo arm on Friday as did my mate @Jeffwazz. I'm going to try upgrade to 7075 arm. However servo saver seems to slip and not found a great way of easily tightening. Also thinking about spring stiffness upgrade which a few on forum have done.

Apart from those 2 issues and topping up centred diff fluid & shock oils I've not needed to do much maintenance on it to date. It seems to be holding up well to my bashing which is mainly on dirt BMX tracks.

Great video again Razor. Looks like you may have broken wing support bracket in video if wing is sitting at slightly odd angle. I seem to bust one of the holes in those brackets most runs. Not sure of the best solution. I've tried washers around bolts. Maybe a better bet is the bendy 3D printed option from 3DRC but shipment to UK is expensive. I can get nearly 3 replacement assemblies for cost of 1 printed part.

Also be interesting to see what you make of servo. I've had fun and games with servo and servo saver. Bust a couple of servos which was probably my fault. Also bust servo arm on Friday as did my mate @Jeffwazz. I'm going to try upgrade to 7075 arm. However servo saver seems to slip and not found a great way of easily tightening. Also thinking about spring stiffness upgrade which a few on forum have done.

Apart from those 2 issues and topping up centred diff fluid & shock oils I've not needed to do much maintenance on it to date. It seems to be holding up well to my bashing which is mainly on dirt BMX tracks.

It's just the wing that is cracked in several places. Not sure how that happened. I tumbled over a few times, but never really landed a jump on the wing. But I've cracked pretty much every TC wing I've ever had, so I'm not surprised.

The servos are fragile IMO. Servo saver is loose out of the box, probably to try to help the servo.

Maybe a tip for TC. Offer some sort of RTR but with the option with or without the servo. Got the Sketer and Asuga. On both i changed the servo for a better one.

The wings and mounts are a strange case. I'm still on my first Punisher wing, and first mounting assembly, although I'm on the second set of holes after the bolts pulled through the lower row. Been through a few of the wing washers, so I now just cut my own from poly-propylene of suitable thickness.
Side-by-side comparison of my Punisher wing and @Monsieur Velo 's Kagama, I'd say that the Punisher wing is slightly more flexible. The Kagama wing that shattered at the BMX track was very strange. Long jump, flat 4 wheel landing (a proper greaser), although it was onto the tarmac of the other bit of track, and it was quite cold that day! Compared to a few previous poor landings and cartwheels I'd done with the Punisher, the Kagama wing break was very surprising.

I know this'll probably be the kiss of death for it, but I'm still on the original servo, and running on 7,2v, it's not too bad performance wise.

Woehoe, Kagama for the win! Depends on what you value most ofc. Parts all depends on where you live ofc. Easy 2 get in Europe. Hope parts in the US will be better 2 get in the future. Nice video razor! Keep up the good work.

They really made a statement with their lineup!
Good to have more competition. And as a person, living in the EU, i don't have the issues you have.
Hope for you that'll change.

Ahhhhh, as a resident of the UK, I look back fondly at living in the EU 🥹
Fortunately for us, both Arrma and TC spares are readily available.

Great video, nice comparison👍 and top jumping skills!

I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised watching video at the review of Kagama. Before I bought my Kagama I was expecting it to be more comparable to V5 kraton not the EXB which is much more expensive in UK. In the UK it's RRP of £829 for kraton exb v £599 for kagama according to the modelsport site.

It looks like horizon (Arrma) are marking up the UK cost much more than they do in US. So I expect Arrma will loose some UK sales to TC. After all why would you spend £200 more on a Kraton EXB over Kagama if you buying in the UK?

Hopefully this may make Arrma look at their UK pricing structure again.

Just thinking maybe I should post this on the Arrma forum ? 🤔😁😂🤣

Last edited:
With that price difference, the choice for us in the UK is easy - and of course the Kagama is a fine choice!

I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised watching video at the review of Kagama. Before I bought my Kagama I was expecting it to be more comparable to V5 kraton not the EXB which is much more expensive in UK. In the UK it's RRP of £829 for kraton exb v £599 for kagama according to the modelsport site.

That's quite a price difference, I would buy the Kagama in that case.

lol, ain’t that that truth! Preach on JW! I love our Corally rc’s but those damn wings seem to break just sitting on my bench.

Back