Asuga Razor RC Asuga

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, we’ll see. My other 6S CVAs held up pretty well.
Good to hear. Lost mine on 6s so be aware. Probably needs some diff tuning. Any tips what i can throw in the front and centre? Was thinking around 200k + centre and 20k front. For less ballooning and wheelies

Awesome run. The Asuga is stealthy for sure!! It looks so sure footed. Interestingly the Kagama is 4mm longer in wheelbase than the Asuga, I suspect the smaller tires and lower stance of the Asuga is what prevents it from feeling so wild to drive vs the Kagama. Big tires always produce more wheelies.
Great vid Razor, really enjoyed it!!
Looked like the tires were a bit greasy, that's the challenge with the XL buggies, finding tires that size.. of course there are plenty of truggy race tires to choose from, but they're quite wide so they don't really "look" right on a buggy. I bet some 1/2 offset truggy tires will turn that Asuga into an animal on a track. Obviously spec racing is out, but still a ton of fun I'd bet.

Thanks, we’ll see. My other 6S CVAs held up pretty well.
Mine too. I've found TC drivetrain parts to be as good as any I've had thus far, well aside from the v2 XP drive cups, the black ones. They were pretty bad, but all the diffs and driveshafts/cvds have been solid for me.

Last edited:
Yeah, arms tend to give up where they are "heated together". Broken 2 already as well.

Any (aluminium) tuning parts on the market that fit, anyone knows?

Yeah, arms tend to give up where they are "heated together". Broken 2 already as well.

Any (aluminium) tuning parts on the market that fit, anyone knows?
You don't want aluminum arms: with aluminum arms, in a collision the impact gets transferred to the chassis rather than the inexpensive arm taking the impact. It's a lot easier and less expensive to swap out suspension arms.

You don't want aluminum arms: with aluminum arms, in a collision the impact gets transferred to the chassis rather than the inexpensive arm taking the impact. It's a lot easier and less expensive to swap out suspension arms.
You got a point there.
But what if i'm going for stiffness, free from dangers of collision?

There is nothing you can about collisions and broken parts: it's the nature of RC bashing

No, you misunderstood me.
Ofc safety is never 100% there, all about the setting.

But what if i'd like to go for maximum stiffness of my Asuga, built for street drifting/power sliding, so nothing dangerous or possibly ending in crashes.
Wouldn't a aluminium arm make sense in such a setting?

No, you misunderstood me.
Ofc safety is never 100% there, all about the setting.

But what if i'd like to go for maximum stiffness of my Asuga, built for street drifting/power sliding, so nothing dangerous or possibly ending in crashes.
Wouldn't a aluminium arm make sense in such a setting?
Unless you have absolutely no obstructions where you run (curbs, mailbox posts, light posts, or anything else), you're risking major damage. The suspension arms on most all RV vehicles today are more than adequate for most any kind of running. Do what you want, but you will be going against common wisdom if you put aluminum arms on your vehicle.

I've said my last on the subject.

Unless you have absolutely no obstructions where you run (curbs, mailbox posts, light posts, or anything else), you're risking major damage. The suspension arms on most all RV vehicles today are more than adequate for most any kind of running. Do what you want, but you will be going against common wisdom if you put aluminum arms on your vehicle.

I've said my last on the subject.

I believe you, no worries. I was just wondering why they exist then? Just pure marketing like "aluminium is harder and harder equals better"?

So you're basically saying: no "hard part" replacements of moving parts (a part from wheels obviously)?

I believe you, no worries. I was just wondering why they exist then? Just pure marketing like "aluminium is harder and harder equals better"?

So you're basically saying: no "hard part" replacements of moving parts (a part from wheels obviously)?
If the aluminum fits your usage, I'd say go for it. They will most likely give you more precision. IDK what companies are offering the aluminum arms for the Corally rc's, but some of the lesser known brands "can" be problematic when it comes to fitment, something to be aware of. But by all means, if the precision is what you desire, give them a try. Let us know how you like them.👍
Also, I know TC offers the CF inserts for the suspension arms to stiffen them up. Doesn't do anything to strengthen the arms near the pivot points though, so if that's where the failures are occurring, no help there.

Just not sure yet - besides from the issue of not finding any as well.

And yes, obviously IF you crash, much more force is passed along the arms to other parts.

But to explain what i'm going for as end goal for the Asuga:

- mainly street driving, drifting, power sliding
- smaller jumps, rather far instead of high (hard landing surfaces)
- medium jumps when on sand, so even if i crash i probably won't have to worry much about breaking anything

Yeah wait, i'll make a thread about the plans instead of continuing the OT here.

Anyway: Asuga is great indeed!

If the aluminum fits your usage, I'd say go for it. They will most likely give you more precision. IDK what companies are offering the aluminum arms for the Corally rc's, but some of the lesser known brands "can" be problematic when it comes to fitment, something to be aware of. But by all means, if the precision is what you desire, give them a try. Let us know how you like them.👍
Also, I know TC offers the CF inserts for the suspension arms to stiffen them up. Doesn't do anything to strengthen the arms near the pivot points though, so if that's where the failures are occurring, no help there.
I threw the inserts in my Kagama to see if it would help with the “body roll”. While it isn’t horrible by any imagination, I prefer running the Backflip 6S tires on it and they tend bounce/roll a bit. I don’t want to go heavier on the springs or thicker on the fluid so I bought a set to try. I’ve been pleased, they do add a fair amount of stiffness, I’m just not sure if it’s going to be too much but I like it.

IMG_3532.jpeg

Just not sure yet - besides from the issue of not finding any as well.

And yes, obviously IF you crash, much more force is passed along the arms to other parts.

But to explain what i'm going for as end goal for the Asuga:

- mainly street driving, drifting, power sliding
- smaller jumps, rather far instead of high (hard landing surfaces)
- medium jumps when on sand, so even if i crash i probably won't have to worry much about breaking anything

Yeah wait, i'll make a thread about the plans instead of continuing the OT here.

Anyway: Asuga is great indeed!
Start a thread, you are bound to get lots of input. 👍

I threw the inserts in my Kagama to see if it would help with the “body roll”. While it isn’t horrible by any imagination, I prefer running the Backflip 6S tires on it and they tend bounce/roll a bit. I don’t want to go heavier on the springs or thicker on the fluid so I bought a set to try. I’ve been pleased, they do add a fair amount of stiffness, I’m just not sure if it’s going to be too much but I like it.

View attachment 5722

Start a thread, you are bound to get lots of input. 👍
Thicker sway bars could help, not sure what options are available from TC.

I can't imagine a scenario where I would run aluminum arms on anything. You also have the issue of the hardened steel hinge pins wearing on the alloy arms, and there is such a thing as too stiff of a car in addition to weight. Driving a solid block of aluminum on the road would be terrible.

I can't imagine a scenario where I would run aluminum arms on anything. You also have the issue of the hardened steel hinge pins wearing on the alloy arms, and there is such a thing as too stiff of a car in addition to weight. Driving a solid block of aluminum on the road would be terrible.
Well, the tires would still be rubber..😉

Back