Radix Radix6 put a big grin on my face yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Muraco
  3. Radix
I hadn't run my Radix6 for several months, and I decided to get it out for a good run in the dirt yesterday. I recently found two 4s batteries I forgot I had (I bought them for other vehicles), and I put a 4s battery in my Radix6 rather than my normal 6s. Given the small dirt area behind my house that I run my RC vehicles in (pic below), the Radix was perfect on 4s. I think I'm going to run the Radix on 4s most of the time with an occasional run on 6s.

Backyard 1.jpg

I hadn't run my Radix6 for several months, and I decided to get it out for a good run in the dirt yesterday. I recently found two 4s batteries I forgot I had (I bought them for other vehicles), and I put a 4s battery in my Radix6 rather than my normal 6s. Given the small dirt area behind my house that I run my RC vehicles in (pic below), the Radix was perfect on 4s. I think I'm going to run the Radix on 4s most of the time with an occasional run on 6s.

View attachment 3843
Nice. Out of 8, 1/8 scale vehicles I own, only 2 of them are run on 6s regularly. All but 1 have 6s electronics in them, I just don't have the need or desire to run 6s. Between space restrictions and wear/tear from 6s. 4s is plenty 90 percent of the time for me.

Just getting my Python up and running, but 4S seems more like my speed. 6S pack will be ready waiting to show off when someone else shows up at the park :)

Edit: I just want to add some wisdom that a crotchety old hobby shop owner told me back in the early 90's. When talking me down from a twin engine sport model to an electric glider, the "Gentle Lady", instead of making the sale to a dumb kid who didn't know better, he said "The 'C' in 'R/C' stands for CONTROLLED; there's not much use trying to pilot anything beyond your abilities." I enjoyed the hell out of that glider, and never did bother with the Duelist.

Last edited:
I have a Python that I run on 3S about 98% of the time. It has a HW XR8 Pro and a Tekin 4030 2650KV motor.

She's my love/hate relationship. I've been trying to get her to handle the track as opposed to the other way around. I also have a EB48.3, which also runs on 3S that runs circles around the Python. I want to change that. :cautious:

Back