Radix to Truggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a huge fan of monster truck conversions!

A few points of caution on going long arm...

Double check parts compatibility before committing to buying the arms since you'll need to sort out shock and shock towers that match up well.

A couple of us recently went long arm on the Sketer and found out that Kronos rear tower will provide more downward travel than the Dementor rear tower. Just an example that doing your homework pays off.

It looks like the Radix uses the same rear shocks as the Kronos and Sketer but I didn't look at the fronts.

So, if the Radix uses the same differential housing/rear bulkhead as the Sketer and Kronos then you know all you need is a Kronos rear tower for maximum suspension travel/ground clearance in the rear.

Look into parts compatibility up front to see what works there too and build out a full shopping list. You'll know the full price tag of going long arm before ordering anything.

I think a long arm Radix would be awesome but I'm not paying for the parts here. So, you know...

If you start with the wide hubs first but decide to go long arm later on you will be using all the parts you already bought. It won't cost you anything extra to just dip your toes in the pool before diving into a long arm set up later.

Feel free to ask us about different combinations since some of us own multiple vehicles and may try out a combination to see how well it works before you commit to buying anything.

It's going to be cool either way you decide to go!
I have fitted shogun wheels to my Python just by using hub extensions. After long term use I would expect to need new wheel bearings because of the extra stress on them but for now they work great. The buggy does not flip over quite so easily so I can carry a lot more speed into tight cornering on grass. Photos to follow

Back