Asuga Project Krasugaton/kasugaton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This came quickly, though that compressor ain’t gonna cut it. My dad has a larger one but it’s a bigger than what I really need & noisy so think I’ll prob just buy my own. There’s tones of options out there they all look pretty generic but if anyone has a better suggestion than this I think I’ll go for it.

https://amzn.eu/d/0g7lHCCC

IMG_0447.webp
 
This came quickly, though that compressor ain’t gonna cut it. My dad has a larger one but it’s a bigger than what I really need & noisy so think I’ll prob just buy my own. There’s tones of options out there they all look pretty generic but if anyone has a better suggestion than this I think I’ll go for it.

https://amzn.eu/d/0g7lHCCC

View attachment 12959
I know very little about airbrushing, but I did buy a compressor once. It was a Draper and was big! Apparently it needed a moisture trap. Then I bought some airbrush thing of eBay.

It sort of worked - good for flames and shadows etc. What I learnt was that I needed to practice - I was clearly no artist.

Those that are brilliant at it are booked up for months.

I have a feeling you're going to be really good at it!

Keep us posted - can't wait to see your work!
 
I’ve been watching a few vids on it let’s say that. Specifically candy paints , and flames you say 🤔 stay tuned. Don’t want to mess up another shell so some practice on some polycarbonate sheets to test things out 1st.
 
That Kraton bodyshell you posted before things turn out good I’d say with shells about £60 probably £100 all in would knock it out plus shipping 😂
 
I’ve been watching a few vids on it let’s say that. Specifically candy paints , and flames you say 🤔 stay tuned. Don’t want to mess up another shell so some practice on some polycarbonate sheets to test things out 1st.
Someone told me to practice on old coke bottles! They obviously knew I wouldn't be able to afford endless bodies for practice! 🤣

How hot is it with you guys? It's brutal here in Wales. Over 30° at 01:40 and no Aircon. 🤦

Guess I'm getting zero sleep tonight. Shame - because I'm racing tomorrow.
 
Bit cooler here today thank god. Yea never thought of coke bottle but some use small plastic cups or spoons just to test colours. But for practicing design/techniques I’ll be getting bigger sheets to practice on. If you still have airbrush & compressor I can send you a vid on how to create that Kraton bodyshell. It’s actually pretty simple technique and less work than having to liquid mask a body,draw design, cut out & paint. I’m actually going to do it on my sledge body the one I saw I think actually looks better whether I can pull it off is another thing.

https://amzn.eu/d/00zBQwQ4
 
Plastic sheets came in, bit pissed at quality but give it a go anyway, just used tamiya translucent red out of can need to put a few good layers for good candy effect 1 can don’t go that far maybe do a 1/8 body. I only ordered 1can so I’m out now will order more but for airbrush. I was bit impatient spraying it not enough time between letting layers dry or just put it on too thick & can see where it’s pooled & is darker. 1st lesson learnt. Thought I was free to give this a go and as soon as put paint in pot phone rings & had to head out so I quickly try spraying some flames,make little templates for this I just tried the paint straight out of bottle but thought it was too thick so thinned it down but then wasn’t happy how it was coming out was wide spread not much control or great coverage but pressed for time just went for it, I think pressure was too high on compressor it’s a big unit for what I’m doing but I’ll have another go when more time & paint and get it dialled in. But backed it with black just tamiya out of can again and this the result. Not look or finish I was going for but I guess it looks like flames. Glad I decided to practice 1st, colour of your backing colour chrome silver or how metallic it is will determine your finish & colour so a lot of variables to play with I’ve an idea of finish I want to get so bit more practicing & experimenting to do. Got these little hobbynox templates bit small for practice airbrush skills but good for colour samples.

IMG_0460.webp


IMG_0467.webp


IMG_0469.webp


IMG_0468.webp


IMG_0471.webp


IMG_0472.webp


IMG_0474.webp


IMG_0475.webp
 
That's looking very cool with you! Great practice run that is. 💪 Candy flames!! 🤯
 
I’m waiting on more paint arriving before I can practice a bit more & tackle the bodyshells , gone for some paint from createx took me a min to find it the uk but it’s on the way. To hopefully not split bodyshell in half this time ordered some carbon fibre to reinforce them either when done painting, Looks good no doubt be a nightmare to apply but tackle that bridge when get to it.

IMG_0484.webp


IMG_0485.webp


IMG_0486.webp
 
This just isn't fair....you know I'm a sucker for carbon fibre! 😝🤣

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Good luck buddy. 🫡
 
I’ll get to it at some point If my paint order would friggin ship, due to pick, in picking , in picking 2 whatever all that bs means just ship the dam things lol. People keep telling me it’ll be too heavy & stiff bla bla bla lol. This stuff (spread tow carbon fibre) comes in different weights this is 160gsm 160grams meter squared there is lighter stuff but it was more expensive but I’m guessing I’ll maybe use a quarter of meter squared to do a body plus weight of epoxy just going to use e6000 plenty use that on bodyshells still flexible should give a reasonable looking finish being clear.
 
So over the summer during the heatwave didn’t really go near my rc or the painting. But now that we back to normality schedule has resumed. Had a bit of a nightmare with this candy paint & airbrushing went down rabbit hole of course was some noob mistakes part of the learning curve but the real issue was the plastic I was practicing on. As can see from previous posts they had white plastic protective film on them I removed cleaned with ipa then tried painting kept getting varying results from bad to just not the right finish thought it was all me then I spotted my error the plastic sheets had another protective film layer 🤦🏻‍♂️ was so oissed at myself but had to just laugh at myself too for being so stupid & not seeing it sooner but I mean it was such a thin layer & hard to see but the amount time & paint wanted 🤬. But after that paint went down. Still haven’t painted the replacement JConcepts body for my custom build but picked up another body for my Kronos as it’s body was in 2 pieces now it that was a bargain AliExpress find. So it’s my 1st attempt at candy airbrush body hasn’t turned out to badly to have to add try add the carbon reinforcement to it. Try get some better pics in daylight but pissing down today.

IMG_0724.webp


IMG_0726.webp


IMG_0725.webp


IMG_0727.webp


IMG_0704.webp


IMG_0707.webp


IMG_0708.webp


IMG_0709.webp


IMG_0710.webp


IMG_0718.webp


IMG_0719.webp


IMG_0729.webp


IMG_0728.webp
 
The bodyshell was £15 plus shipping @ £25 total. For team associated but pretty decent fit on corally. Truck is filthy atm so want to clean it before fit bodyshell to it for pics lol. Next onto the JConcepts body.

I just found this on AliExpress: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQk9WVs

IMG_0649.webp


IMG_0650.webp


IMG_0651.webp


IMG_0652.webp
 
I was going to but it’s not really me & more an American flavour. But I was going to copy this being its same colour combo. I want to go for a murdered candy look for the JConcepts but couple ways to try achieve it but not really something I’ve seen on rc body so not sure how it’ll turn out if I try it.

 
Back
Top