Kronos POS bumper for Kronos XP (or any other suggestions for an actual bumper that has a purpose?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deeznutz

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the POS bumper kit on their Kronos XP? (https://tamico.de/POS-Front-Bumper-for-Corally-Kronos)
I had 1 crash where I hit the brake a little too hard in the air and came down on the wheels. Now they are splayed out both sides as the stock steering rack completely bent. The issue is these stock bumpers do nothing for the most part (i cant understand this design BTW). Any front impact puts all the force on the steering rack and bends the wheels out. Pretty easily I might add.

I am curious if anyone has tried the POS kit? Specifically, does this kit extend out in front of the wheels and protect the steering and suspension components? From what i can tell, it wont extend out beyond the wheels - but hope I am wrong.

OR, has anyone come across another option? Much appreciated!!!

P.S. - my first Corally rig.

I haven't tried that bumper as I make all my own from kydex which is what that one appears to be. Based off the picture it appears as though it'll lean forward a decent amount when mounted on the truck, ultimately they don't have to extend too far forward, just far enough to absorb the majority of the energy, the tires and suspension can handle some, but as you've noticed they definitely can't handle it all which is how they're set up from the factory unfortunately

Has anyone installed the POS bumper kit on their Kronos XP? (https://tamico.de/POS-Front-Bumper-for-Corally-Kronos)
I had 1 crash where I hit the brake a little too hard in the air and came down on the wheels. Now they are splayed out both sides as the stock steering rack completely bent. The issue is these stock bumpers do nothing for the most part (i cant understand this design BTW). Any front impact puts all the force on the steering rack and bends the wheels out. Pretty easily I might add.

I am curious if anyone has tried the POS kit? Specifically, does this kit extend out in front of the wheels and protect the steering and suspension components? From what i can tell, it wont extend out beyond the wheels - but hope I am wrong.

I have a t bone bumper on mine. They went out of business unfortunately. If you in usa try ebay. May still find stock. But it was 55$. Not cheap but Is awesome.

I think you could potentially fit an Arrma kraton "super basher " bumper..or whatever it's called. Also, the RPM kraton front bumper could be fitted..
I lifted this photo from @Caleb90 .. maybe he can provide details?
https://www.corallyforum.com/threads/first-6s-run-complete-failer.636/page-5#post-10757

IMG_20230128_150931607.jpg

Try garageliferc they have front bumpers for the kronos can't tell you how durable they are for i haven't had the chance to install mine (reconstructed ACL) but i do know they provide front bumpers on ebay. Hope that helps!

Thanks. I am on their notification list now. Part is out of stock but I have my heavy duty RPM Kraton bumper, per suggestion from @Caleb90 and will be working on that this week. I like the idea of custom work too. :) In the meantime, I am realizing the rear lower arms are another weak point if you don't land big jumps perfectly. Cant wait for more 3rd party support here in the states.

Thanks. I am on their notification list now. Part is out of stock but I have my heavy duty RPM Kraton bumper, per suggestion from @Caleb90 and will be working on that this week. I like the idea of custom work too. :) In the meantime, I am realizing the rear lower arms are another weak point if you don't land big jumps perfectly. Cant wait for more 3rd party support here in the states.
Some have fitted kraton arms. There's a thread here somewhere.. I like customizing as well but haven't broken any TC arms yet. I have broken Arrma though, LOL.

Back