Excuse my lack of correct part names....
On the kagama 6s when installing a new pinion to get easy access to the top screw for the motor mount I have been removing the rollover protector tower which means I also need to remove the top support bars as well.
Is there a better way to do this, or is it just a bad design?
It's just an artifact of extra bracing, connected to the centre diff mount and most likely, rather than 'bad design', a limited amount of design options.
Long story short, you as the end user are expected to remove 6 screws if you need to adjust the mesh.
In fairness, once set correctly, you shouldn't really need to be messing with it on anything like a frequent basis.
Or, you could modify your rig to allow for speedy access.
To be honest, the guard is a safety feature that most of us could live without anyway.
I was changing pinion size so had to move the motor closer
and from my reckoning its more than 6 screws unless there is something I am missing.
To remove the 2 screws circled in green I had to remove the bar circled in yellow which involved removing 5 screws at each end so 16 screws just to change my pinion size arrrggghhhhhh
I bought a few different sizes so I could experiment but not sure I will bother now
Its the area circled in orange that I find to just block the top motor mount screw
Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the best Corally RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Corally-RC brand!