Pinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run sketer on 4s only lol. I've read in a lot of places people feeling the sketer kinda ran hot... thereby limiting the ability to gear up to some extent. I have checked the wheel / drivetrain resistance when i rebuilt the diffs recently - had to replace the spring steel cups. Rolls fine and quietly. I've also done the wheel bearings once already too.

I think I'm gonna try a heatsink too or perhaps a heatsink with fan. My current fan is the corally fan mounted on the side as they recommend. I don't think it's a good place for the fan for cooling. I may remove it and replace with thr heatsink/fan combo. My guess on the sketer running hot is it's just heavy. I kinda wish they spec'd it with the turox185/kuron 825 6s combo. I'd run it on 4s just to keep things cool. Although I have a 6s radix where I thought I'd run 4s only but actually only run on 6s lmao
I agree that the Sketer is quite heavy, but still as long as all is stock it shoudn't run hot even without a fan ... unless there is another issue.

But when gearing it up to 15 tooth (or running it with bigger wheels like I do, which has about the same effect than gearing up to 15 tooth) there is a need for additional cooling. The "recommended" way of putting the fan behind the motor was a nice idea of Corally but is not very efficient (first I do not know why they didn't put a mounting for a 40mm fan instead of a 30mm fan because there would be enough space for it and also there is not much room behind that the fan can suck in enough air ... for this the sidewall behind the fan should be perforated). However, with a heatsink and fan I was able to bring down the motor temperature by nearly 40 deg.F, more details are here:
https://www.corallyforum.com/thread...it-cool-what-are-you-guys-doing.168/post-6463

Back