Kronos Overheating on 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newkronosuser2709

Reaction score
Anybody run the Kronos xp v2 on 6s and has it shut down due to overheating?
I’m running stock electronics and no fans, on loose dirt compact dirt 100/500/100 diff fluids, using a gensacearespammers 6800mah 150c. Is this battery too much for not running fans and overheating??

The problem is not the battery: the battery doesn't push current to the ESC, the ESC draws as much current as it needs from the battery. You need good fans on the motor and ESC to keep the temps down. Get a good 40mm aluminum fan and mount for the motor. Here's a pic of the fan setup for the motor on my Radix 6s: it's a Powerhobby Tornado 40mm fan on a Powerhobby clamp-on fan mount.

Radix motor fan.jpg

using your RC will inevitably cause heat. fans will not automatically keep them motor from getting hot, it will only help. Having a small temp gun and being very aware of your temps (while using) will help to avoid damage and premature wear. when using an RC I just run my finger across my motor after running it for 5-10min (will usually depend on conditions as well) and take a break if its to hot to touch or getting anywhere near there. if hot, take a break for a few min. fans will speed up the cooldown time tremendously

Anybody run the Kronos xp v2 on 6s and has it shut down due to overheating?
I’m running stock electronics and no fans, on loose dirt compact dirt 100/500/100 diff fluids, using a gensacearespammers 6800mah 150c. Is this battery too much for not running fans and overheating??
I have the fans already same fans as your setup except they are dual fans I believe the esc has a fan should I add another one?

Back