Sketer New Wheels from Hobbypark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
I really like the Sketer's handing, but wanted some more wheelies. After some research, I finally landed on this set of Hobbypark tires. They are just a tiny bit bigger than stock, but not as big as your typical 8th scale monster truck tire. They're 3.2 inches/81.28mm. Here they are:

IMG_20231116_195511511~2.jpg

I love the look of them! I haven't widened my Sketer...yet. But they just barely fit without rubbing anywhere. They barely clear without rubbing but they do!

Here are some more pics:

IMG_20231116_195531871~2.jpg

IMG_20231116_195548035~2.jpg

Here are the Hobbypark tires compared to stock:

IMG_20231116_195618989~2.jpg

Aggressive tread pattern!

I think they look nice on the rig. How did they perform? I took them out for a quick run this afternoon and they were great! With the bigger tires, the Sketer can pull wheelies reliably, something I couldn't manage with the stock tires. They soak up the terrain nicely too. Since they're bigger they should make the rig faster too. They do balloon a lot more than stock as well.

Overall, I've only driven one pack with the new tires, but really like the results. I'll add some heavier fluid to the center diff to see how it performs. I'm curious to see how these tires handle 6S, (I've got the 6S TC system in my rig, but haven't run it on 6S yet.)

I'll keep everyone up to date on how these new wheels perform. So far, they seem to be a great option for the Sketer.

Back