Asuga Need new servo and medium/hard wheels - what to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XashBE

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
So my basic servo one just broke off a tooth inside and i wanted to look for something better.

Are there any with better metal (CNC?) or was i just unlucky?

I tend to do rather far than hard jumps, though more on harder terrain, will do sand later on, so i suppose a stronger one is recommended, right?

On top of that, i need new wheels rather soon. Shovel wheels for the planned sand runs, not much choice there so i'll probably buy what i can get. But then i also want new street wheels. Definitely not soft. At least medium or even harder because i want them to last long and do nice drifts/powerslides, so grip isn't the way to go. But not as crazy as pure drift cars because, i mean, it's an Asuga, not a drift car. Also no ballooning stuff, that's just ugly in my opinion and i don't want that.
Any recommendations?

for your road tires, just get the ones that are belted. That should take care of the ballooning. As for your servo, I'm sure you don't have to go with a super expensive one. You can probably find some decent priced ones on Amazon that have a good amount of torque. You may also want to look into adjusting your servo saver on the Asuga. Maybe make it just a little more loose so that the servo doesn't take as much a beating.

Hope this helps. (y)

If you are just bashing around jump on Amazon, lots of good choices for good prices. If you want something really nice, then there’s a bunch! Savox, ProTek, Reefs, etc.

IMG_3528.png

The Amazon 35kg servos are popular. Yes, you can get more expensive servos, but you can buy three times as many of the Amazon servos as you can for one of the more expensive ones.

I think for bashing purposes, the amazon servos will perform just fine. I'm pushing the envelope and using one in my Shogun for novice level racing.

And that's all I'll say about my servo so as not to invoke the JeffWazz curse. :oops: 😬

I think for bashing purposes, the amazon servos will perform just fine. I'm pushing the envelope and using one in my Shogun for novice level racing.

And that's all I'll say about my servo so as not to invoke the JeffWaz curse. :oops: 😬
Damn, I completely forgot about that……..😢

Lmao, I did just have to swap out a bad servo wire on a brand spanking new Protek 170. I cross my fingers and pray that this was punishment enough! 🙏

See? The curse is snorting and smacking in it's sleep...close to being risen!

(hushed tones) and i'm sure the 170 will be just fine moving forward. 😬

You'll not catch me out like that again!!

The Amazon specials are fine servos, get a couple for that moment when you say "This servos doing really well" and it responds with a "ziiiiing, screeeeech etc" 🤦😂

See? The curse is snorting and smacking in it's sleep...close to being risen!

(hushed tones) and i'm sure the 170 will be just fine moving forward. 😬
Now you've done it 😱

You'll not catch me out like that again!!

The Amazon specials are fine servos, get a couple for that moment when you say "This servos doing really well" and it responds with a "ziiiiing, screeeeech etc" 🤦😂

Now you've done it 😱

don't forget:

"bugger..." :ROFLMAO:

Now I’m afraid to even open my package from Reefs sitting downstairs. 😱😱😱😱😱

I think I’ll let it sit for a few days. Air out the bad juju as it is.
Aye. A wise choice!

Back