Need help w/6mm ball info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decline225

Reaction score
I’m looking into swapping a few corally parts onto my Mojave but there’s just a few things I still want to know like the width of corallys 6mm steel pivot ball. Already tried finding this out all elsewhere with no luck so here I am. I’m hoping it’s wider because the Mojave lower shock mount width is 6.5mm but it comes with a 6x6mm plastic ball so I’m hoping to fill that gap. But if not I’d just be happy knowing they’d fit because the plastic ones do not last. Thanks

I’m looking into swapping a few corally parts onto my Mojave but there’s just a few things I still want to know like the width of corallys 6mm steel pivot ball. Already tried finding this out all elsewhere with no luck so here I am. I’m hoping it’s wider because the Mojave lower shock mount width is 6.5mm but it comes with a 6x6mm plastic ball so I’m hoping to fill that gap. But if not I’d just be happy knowing they’d fit because the plastic ones do not last. Thanks
I assume this is what you're asking for

IMG_20230214_121653722.jpg

I assume this is what you're asking for

View attachment 3475
Nice!👌
FWIW, I believe the camber and steer pivot balls are also 6.8mm..
I can certainly indentify with the OP's disappointment with the Arrma plastic pivot balls. Somewhat of a joke if ya ask me..
I've replaced some with Tekno balls and rod ends, others with TC and even some Redcat!!🤣🤣 that's funny! Redcat parts that are better than Arrma?! Yep, it's true!! LOL.

Nice!👌
FWIW, I believe the camber and steer pivot balls are also 6.8mm..
I can certainly indentify with the OP's disappointment with the Arrma plastic pivot balls. Somewhat of a joke if ya ask me..
I've replaced some with Tekno balls and rod ends, others with TC and even some Redcat!!🤣🤣 that's funny! Redcat parts that are better than Arrma?! Yep, it's true!! LOL.
The red cat thing I was already thinking and you confirmed. I love my Mojave but some of the things they have on it is ridiculous like, the pivot ball sand even the shock caps, they’re not exposed why are they caped? But the cap design acts as 2 washers so you have to run them unless you find another way. They call it a basher but that doesn’t warrant some of the things they “ok” in designing I think.

The red cat thing I was already thinking and you confirmed. I love my Mojave but some of the things they have on it is ridiculous like, the pivot ball sand even the shock caps, they’re not exposed why are they caped? But the cap design acts as 2 washers so you have to run them unless you find another way. They call it a basher but that doesn’t warrant some of the things they “ok” in designing I think.
Yeah, I used some old Redcat Avalanche sway bar ends and pivot balls on one of my Arrmas. Heck I think I even used kaiju shock rod ends on my kraton in a pinch. Not saying Redcat is better than Arrma by any means, just that Arrma really cheesed out on some stuff..

Yeah, I used some old Redcat Avalanche sway bar ends and pivot balls on one of my Arrmas. Heck I think I even used kaiju shock rod ends on my kraton in a pinch. Not saying Redcat is better than Arrma by any means, just that Arrma really cheesed out on some stuff..
You probably put it best “cheesed out”. Arrma starts off with great platforms but then skimps on certain things towards the end, like the things we keep breaking lol

You probably put it best “cheesed out”. Arrma starts off with great platforms but then skimps on certain things towards the end, like the things we keep breaking lol
Gotta make the paper son!!😂😂 credit to
@slick2500 ..his line,I stole.😁
I feel like since HH "saved" Arrma from bankruptcy, things have been more profit oriented from Arrma..it's the nature of man, capitalism if you will..happens everytime.
HH is tryin to follow TRX's model I feel.
More for profit, less from passion.. 😔

Back