My TLR 8ight buggy/truggy hybrid stunt truck thing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevgeje

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
I traded my Rival MT10 for this very old TLR 8ight-T 2.0 based thing, that has been electrified and modified at some point.
I have modified it further and it became a kind of a stunt truck. It's almost as wide as long and can easily do triple backflips off a small ramp, turns on a dime and is a real beast 🤣

What is installed:
  • TLR 8ight 2.0 buggy chassis
  • TLR 8ight 2.0 truggy arms
  • +2 mm wheel hubs from the 8ight XTE
  • Fioroni 7075 rear brace and rear tower
  • Axial Vanguard XL 2200 kV motor (I think it's basically a castle 1515 unsensored)
  • Modified Proline Brute Bash body (for the 6S outcast)
  • Cheap HW 150A ESC (because the shipping company has submerged the Max6 in water for days and it died 😤😡)
  • POS rear and front bumpers,
  • Custom body post holders
  • Kaiju EXT shocks
  • Kronos XTR wheels and tires
  • strengthened battery holder
20220308_095722.jpg

20220308_095744.jpg

20220308_095927.jpg

20220308_095943.jpg

20220308_095952.jpg

I traded my Rival MT10 for this very old TLR 8ight-T 2.0 based thing, that has been electrified and modified at some point.
I have modified it further and it became a kind of a stunt truck. It's almost as wide as long and can easily do triple backflips off a small ramp, turns on a dime and is a real beast 🤣

What is installed:
  • TLR 8ight 2.0 buggy chassis
  • TLR 8ight 2.0 truggy arms
  • +2 mm wheel hubs from the 8ight XTE
  • Fioroni 7075 rear brace and rear tower
  • Axial Vanguard XL 2200 kV motor (I think it's basically a castle 1515 unsensored)
  • Modified Proline Brute Bash body (for the 6S outcast)
  • Cheap HW 150A ESC (because the shipping company has submerged the Max6 in water for days and it died 😤😡)
  • POS rear and front bumpers,
  • Custom body post holders
  • Kaiju EXT shocks
  • Kronos XTR wheels and tires
  • strengthened battery holder
View attachment 1541
View attachment 1542
View attachment 1543
View attachment 1544
View attachment 1545
Sweet rig!! I'm guessing it didn't have all those goodies until you got it?
Back in the day, before purpose built bashers were a thing, 1/8 scale buggies were known to be the toughest class rc to "bash".. still true today obviously since pretty much all the bashers on the market are based off that design with the exception of the maxx trucks.
How bout some video of that beast!?😁😎🍻

I guess the vertical twin plate chassis trucks like HPI deserve honorable mention as well👍

Sweet rig!! I'm guessing it didn't have all those goodies until you got it?
Back in the day, before purpose built bashers were a thing, 1/8 scale buggies were known to be the toughest class rc to "bash".. still true today obviously since pretty much all the bashers on the market are based off that design with the exception of the maxx trucks.
How bout some video of that beast!?😁😎🍻

I guess the vertical twin plate chassis trucks like HPI deserve honorable mention as well👍
I think this was a nitro truggy, then it was electrified and the previous owner bought a buggy and then transferred the chassis to it. It had this motor and a Max6, but I kind of evolved the concept further. It's not perfect, e.g. I'm not sure I like the Fioroni chassis brace that much tbh... My rear dogbone popped out last time... :/

Next time I'm out with my ramp I'll make a video :)

I think this was a nitro truggy, then it was electrified and the previous owner bought a buggy and then transferred the chassis to it. It had this motor and a Max6, but I kind of evolved the concept further. It's not perfect, e.g. I'm not sure I like the Fioroni chassis brace that much tbh... My rear dogbone popped out last time... :/

Next time I'm out with my ramp I'll make a video :)
I have an old(2007) Xray xb8 ec that I converted to brushless.. Pretty conservative, running a 6 pole Turnigy 2560kv on 4s but it's fast and handles like a champ. Still in buggy form. I run it against my brothers Typhon 6s. The Typhon is much faster but no where near as controllable on a course.

I have an old(2007) Xray xb8 ec that I converted to brushless.. Pretty conservative, running a 6 pole Turnigy 2560kv on 4s but it's fast and handles like a champ. Still in buggy form. I run it against my brothers Typhon 6s. The Typhon is much faster but no where near as controllable on a course.
I run this on 6S and it can almost turn in place - it's really silly. Not very good for racing anymore, as it want's to do wheelies whole day every day.
girl car GIF

That is super cool.

I may try this one day but keep my nitro power. I've never seen a nitro stunt truck and I think that would be ridiculous amounts of fun.

I do enjoy his channel (Thunder RC)..but yeah, the gas powered is a little anemic compared to lipo powered brushless IMO. Personally, I would love something like this but electric..

At $3500, I think I'll pass..:oops::ROFLMAO:

I do enjoy his channel (Thunder RC)..but yeah, the gas powered is a little anemic compared to lipo powered brushless IMO. Personally, I would love something like this but electric..

At $3500, I think I'll pass..:oops::ROFLMAO:
Kevin Talbot converted one of his Raminators to electric. He hasn't done a running video of it yet though.

Those big gasser 4x4 trucks are cool but they are kinda slow.

I'll stunt mod my Losi nitro truggy one day, just for the grins.

My rear dogbone didn't like the rough landings and kept popping out, so I installed a carbon tower-to-tower brace.
20220319_112812.jpg

Back