Sketer My Sketer/Kronos/Python hybrid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
What shall it be called?

So my Sketer has been made into a wide Sketer/Kronos hybrid...but still needed something. Was never happy with the look. Hate the Sketer body, so tried a bug body...it is OK, but still not what I like.

Sooo...decided to build a monster buggy. Planned to just somehow get a Python body....but seems as if it takes a bit of mods to get the mounts setup, so parts ordered, and she is tore down waiting.

Ended up ordering the Kronos 7075 top plate to replace that bulk of crap on the sketer front end. Always hated having to separate the front tower just to remove the upper arms...but won't have to now. Have the upper 7075 hinge pin mount coming, and the threaded hinge pins. Alreadybhad a front Kronos 7075 tower laying around, so works out well.

Man...this will really clean up the front end...send she is shedding a good bit of weight loosing all that odd top bracing.

Currently waiting for the new parts.

20220822_170335.jpg
20220822_170341.jpg

Here is the route I am taking for the front end:

1661343521086.png

Final result will be this. So much easier to remove upper arms by just unscrewing the hinge pins.

1661343634651.png

I don't jump my Radix6 much, so I went with the racing setup on my Radix6. It does require loosening the front shock tower up to get the pins out, but with the way I run my Radix, I don't see having to remove the pins often.

Radix aluminum steering deck.jpg

All parts in other than the new buggy body. This thing is going to be one mean looking buggy! My new MB (Monster Buggy).

Looks so much cleaner and easier to work on than the stock Sketer now.

20220824_202426.jpg
20220824_202435.jpg
20220824_205542.jpg

What shall it be called?

So my Sketer has been made into a wide Sketer/Kronos hybrid...but still needed something. Was never happy with the look. Hate the Sketer body, so tried a bug body...it is OK, but still not what I like.

Sooo...decided to build a monster buggy. Planned to just somehow get a Python body....but seems as if it takes a bit of mods to get the mounts setup, so parts ordered, and she is tore down waiting.

Ended up ordering the Kronos 7075 top plate to replace that bulk of crap on the sketer front end. Always hated having to separate the front tower just to remove the upper arms...but won't have to now. Have the upper 7075 hinge pin mount coming, and the threaded hinge pins. Alreadybhad a front Kronos 7075 tower laying around, so works out well.

Man...this will really clean up the front end...send she is shedding a good bit of weight loosing all that odd top bracing.

Currently waiting for the new parts.

View attachment 2903View attachment 2904
Went with a similar setup on my Python, works wonderfully and easier to work on!
Here is the route I am taking for the front end:

View attachment 2905

Final result will be this. So much easier to remove upper arms by just unscrewing the hinge pins.

View attachment 2906
Cleaned up the front end of my Python, much stronger, lighter and simplified!

20240117_022035.jpg

Back