Kagama My new Kagama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Partsmgr

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kagama
Got my new green Kagama a week ago. Got to run it this last Sunday and what a beast. I also have an X Maxx and a Sledge, this one blows them away. I had servo issues right out of the box. It would run fine for a few minutes then quit steering. I turned everything off and unplugged for a few minutes then everything was fine for a few minutes. Repeated this three times and packed up. Got a ProTech 170TBL in it yesterday. Hopefully I can get out this weekend and see what I can tear up next. I did pull a screw through the wing mount, normal from what I see. I did notice that the servo wires were crimped when I got it out and it took a bit of modding to make a place for the servo wire in the mount. I also found that the Rx was not secured in any way in the box, just bouncing around. Sorry for being long winded, just wanted to put this out there.
servo.jpg

I have had a few vehicles where the servo wire was pinched from the factory. It hasn't been a problem for me: I always replace stock servos right away, sometimes even ordering a new servo so it arrives at the same time as the vehicle.

This is the first stock servo I've ever had a problem with.
As a matter of course, I replace my stock servos with one that is either faster, stronger, brushless, or any combination of the three. Many stock servos are underpowered for the application, like putting a 15kg servo in a heavy RC vehicle with large tires. Corally at least puts in a 25kg servo in their vehicles (at least in the three I own). It's a cheap servo meant to meet a price point in an RTR vehicle, but the motor is cored; it's slow (.13 sec @ 7.4V); and they are prone to failure.

I have Powerhobby 729MBL 25kg servos in my Muraco and Radix 6, plus three crawlers. They are great servos with good specs, but they cost $95. When recently completing my Asuga roller, I decided to try something different: I installed a Sincecam 35kg brushless servo from Amazon (link below). Compared to the 729MBL, the Sincecam costs $42 less; it's stronger (35kg vice 25kg); it's faster (.08 sec vice .1 sec); and it has better metal gears (oblique vice straight cut). Only time will tell if the Sincecam is up to the task, but I'm impressed so far.

https://www.amazon.com/Sincecam-Wat...06-964a7650f4b0&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

Back