Punisher My first 6S speedrun - Crikey šŸ˜

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffwazz

Reaction score
So, another fantastic afternoon at Bath cycle and BMX track, I've finally done a 6s speedrun with the Punisher, and honestly it's amazed me again.
Did a few passes, tyres ballooning into pizza cutters, but it was very stable and tracked in a straight line.
I'm gonna just casually drop these screen grabs from Strava, I'm honestly amazed!
FunnyScreenshot_20231103-184053.png

FunnyScreenshot_20231103-181816.png

After that, back to 4s and BMX track jumps until the sun went down.

83mph?!!! What motor, gearing and battery were you using for that? - and what was your 0-60mph time?

My personal best on 6S Onyx Packs is 64mph, on decent tyres - so 83mph sounds outrageous to me. šŸ˜…

That bit of track is only 0.1 mile long, too. šŸ¤” What were you using - Strava on a mobile fitted to your car?

I highly recommend you try the SkyRC GSM020 and try again. šŸ‘

My 4292 1750kv motor is on the way. I'm hoping to break 70mph and get 0-60mph sub 3 seconds.

0-60 times are hard to get good. My personal best is 0-60mph in 3.79 secs.

Last edited:
It's stock 13t pinion, 52t spur. Stock tires as well, but they'd ballooned massively at speed.
2x 3s batteries, 120c.
Outrageous? Probably! I think I've gained a few kmh through GPS vagaries, and the point-to-point nature of the Strava segment, and probably inaccuracy of the mobile phone I had stuffed under the shell!
No idea on 0-60, as I needed to hit segment start at full speed and keep the throttle pinned for the entire segment, as well as get it around the curve to avoid the boundary fence.

I was running parallel to my buddies Vendetta, putting in similar 130kmh runs as recorded on a Garmin GPS (bike) computer.

Back next week, GPS logger already in the bag, for another few runs, so 0-60, acceleration etc will all be reported. I'll use TrackAddict and post up the pretty graphs and under shell video.

It's stock 13t pinion, 52t spur. Stock tires as well, but they'd ballooned massively at speed.
2x 3s batteries, 120c.
Outrageous? Probably! I think I've gained a few kmh through GPS vagaries, and the point-to-point nature of the Strava segment, and probably inaccuracy of the mobile phone I had stuffed under the shell!
No idea on 0-60, as I needed to hit segment start at full speed and keep the throttle pinned for the entire segment, as well as get it around the curve to avoid the boundary fence.

I was running parallel to my buddies Vendetta, putting in similar 130kmh runs as recorded on a Garmin GPS (bike) computer.

Back next week, GPS logger already in the bag, for another few runs, so 0-60, acceleration etc will all be reported. I'll use TrackAddict and post up the pretty graphs and under shell video.
The stock tyres on the XTR were very difficult to manage and the kerbs are unforgiving. I ran with belted Jetko tyres, which are far more stable but much heavier.

To get to speed on full throttle and slow down, I run on a stretch of road that is 1/4 mile long and use at least half of it. Hats off to you on that bit where you run! šŸ˜…

Screenshot_20230810-193631.png

Screenshot_20230810-202148.png

It's the Odd Down cycle track in Bath (UK).
FunnyScreenshot_20231104-183353.png

The 'speed trap' bit is between the green and checked pins (it's under the 'e' of 'cycle'). It's 140 metres long, and standing by the 'k' of 'track', I can see both curves, so hooking up for a full throttle run between start and stop markers is fairly easy.
My previous 4s run was over 50mph (might be posted here), so on 6s, with the ballooning tyres and the stiff following wind, an 80mph speedrun would be feasible.

To be honest though, I find jumping at the BMX track (The Tumps) next door much more fun!

It's the Odd Down cycle track in Bath (UK).
View attachment 4735
The 'speed trap' bit is between the green and checked pins (it's under the 'e' of 'cycle'). It's 140 metres long, and standing by the 'k' of 'track', I can see both curves, so hooking up for a full throttle run between start and stop markers is fairly easy.
My previous 4s run was over 50mph (might be posted here), so on 6s, with the ballooning tyres and the stiff following wind, an 80mph speedrun would be feasible.

To be honest though, I find jumping at the BMX track (The Tumps) next door much more fun!
I read your 4S speed run thread with interest. 50+ Mph was good, but finding another 30+mph on 6S is off the charts! Fair play. So the speed trap is stating your speed, rather than the Strava?

Yeah, blasting these rigs over jumps and mounds is definitely great fun. From a driving point of view, it's more interesting than tarmac, but it's fascinating seeing what they can do flat out. Now I'm determined to beat my personal best!

It's just GPS marks on a Strava track, so start and end are just GPS positions for the segment, and then Strava does it's trickery and calculates average speed across the 140m segment. 'Speed trap' was the best analogy I could come up with as it's a time to distance = speed calculation. Errors in GPS will probably be magnified (quite a lot) with this Strava track, but sadly it's what I had to hand.

It needs to be re-done, I don't have TrackAddict on my work phone. I'll remember to take my own phone next time, and get the full speed and acceleration trace.
A 50mph 4s run "should" see high 70s mph on 6s, all things being equal. The tyre expansion and increase in diameter would probably give a couple more mph (like going up in pinion size).

It's tempting to see how fast I can push it, buuuut, I'm sure there's a point when it becomes massively unstable and the fence is quite close. I don't really want to carry a bag of broken bits home!

Back