Must have tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

Resident hoarder of RC's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Radix
I didn't post this in the "Tools for getting started in RC" because they deserve a post all to themselves.!!

In my personal opinion a good set of allen drivers is a must, also some good pliers.
Here are my personal recommendations for said tools, they may be more costly in the beginning but trust me you won't regret either purchase..!!

MIP Drivers..!!!

ENGINEER PZ-58 neji-saurus ( google them ) these are amazing..!!!

These tools are the best two tools I've bought in a long time, well worth their money..

These ones?
8270D3FC-A006-4BF6-8357-DB9F3063F08D.jpeg

Mip Allen drivers are the best I've used, no more stripped hex bolts 👍 decent pliers, snips and decent longnose pliers is a good start....

A good set of hex drivers is a must indeed, manual and for a power tool. I've got the Hudy's, also very good quality.

I have soooo many tools i actually don't know were to start :rolleyes:

Calipers, a good hobby knife, side cutters, lock nut wrenches, different size and shaped pliers, brushes, some plastic tools for pinion removal (so you don't damage the alu motor mount), a small torch for loctite, a shock tool, small drills, a mini bench vise, soldering tools, etc, etc.

But they are all useless without a good light! So that is my favourite. Got this one from SkyRC:

1645461785670.png

This thread is awesome! I just bought four sets of pliers. I am going to give all my brothers who RC a pair!

I didn't post this in the "Tools for getting started in RC" because they deserve a post all to themselves.!!

In my personal opinion a good set of allen drivers is a must, also some good pliers.
Here are my personal recommendations for said tools, they may be more costly in the beginning but trust me you won't regret either purchase..!!

MIP Drivers..!!!

ENGINEER PZ-58 neji-saurus ( google them ) these are amazing..!!!

These tools are the best two tools I've bought in a long time, well worth their money..

I also love MIP tools. They are the best. I am going to start carrying them on my site soon, especially I just started carrying the Corally sets.

Since we are talking about must have tools for RC'ing. This is my favorite RC tool... coupled with MIP bit drivers, it is amazing.

Dewalt 8V Gyroscopic Screwdriver $84 on Amazon, worth every dollar.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.05.34 AM.png

A good set of hex drivers is a must indeed, manual and for a power tool. I've got the Hudy's, also very good quality.

Calipers, a good hobby knife, side cutters, lock nut wrenches, different size and shaped pliers, brushes, some plastic tools for pinion removal (so you don't damage the alu motor mount), a small torch for loctite, a shock tool, small drills, a mini bench vise, soldering tools, etc, etc.

But they are all useless without a good light! So that is my favourite. Got this one from SkyRC:

View attachment 1220
So its a good lamp? Ordered it to but arrival is late.

This thread is awesome! I just bought four sets of pliers. I am going to give all my brothers who RC a pair!

I also love MIP tools. They are the best. I am going to start carrying them on my site soon, especially I just started carrying the Corally sets.

Since we are talking about must have tools for RC'ing. This is my favorite RC tool... coupled with MIP bit drivers, it is amazing.

Dewalt 8V Gyroscopic Screwdriver $84 on Amazon, worth every dollar.
View attachment 1226
Cant get it in Holland but i found this, and i think it is about the same 😉

https://www.amazon.nl/Bosch-Professional-accuschroevendraaier-25-delige-USB-laadkabel/dp/B08KQJFSKG/ref=mp_s_a_1_31?crid=2IIYM11U653EU&keywords=dewalt+8v+max&qid=1645470014&sprefix=dewalt+8v+max+,aps,87&sr=8-31

Last edited:
I can't read Dutch (wish I could, a lot of my family can, dad was born in The Hague), but the best thing about the Dewalt is that it is gyroscopic, so its speed and torque adjusts as you rotate your hand (like you are slowly screwing). It is badass. Bosch is a good brand by the way, they make good stuff.

I can't read Dutch (wish I could, a lot of my family can, dad was born in The Hague), but the best thing about the Dewalt is that it is gyroscopic, so its speed and torque adjusts as you rotate your hand (like you are slowly screwing). It is badass. Bosch is a good brand by the way, they make good stuff.
Thats a good feature. don't know if the Bosch had it to. Will look in to it

View attachment 1220
Yes! Good lightning is essential! I recently bought this one: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HV2JNNN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back