Motor size for 1/10 project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThaChester

Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering what size motor would be a good fit for a 4wd 1/10 onroad car. It's similar to an RS4. It was a nitro car someone gave me and I'm converting it to electric. I just don't know enough about the different sizes of motors out there.

car.jpg

Have a look at HobbyWing Max10 combos, depending on the weight of that car your choices could be a short motor high KV or longer motor with lower KV, what voltage are you planning on running it with.??
Probably stick to 2s. I haven't really planned much yet for this car. I was givin it a couple of months ago with a seized motor. It had a 2 speed transmission that wouldn't work with electrics. I was just messing around with it this weekend and I happened to have a very old kyosho belt drivin 4wd car that had a single spur gear and a shaft of the same diameter, it's quite a bit longer though and I can't use the front dog bone. I either have to find a shorter dog bone or shorten the shaft. I might keep it as 2wd though. I have a Hobbywing 10BL60 laying around and just looking for something on the cheaper side. I was looking at the Hobbywing 3650SD 8.5T(4560KV) or the QuicRun 3652SL G2 4000KV. The 3650 is $50 and the 3652 is only $30. I'll probably end up going for the 3650 cause it's sensored and I've never used a sensored setup, and the higher KV.

Probably stick to 2s. I haven't really planned much yet for this car. I was givin it a couple of months ago with a seized motor. It had a 2 speed transmission that wouldn't work with electrics. I was just messing around with it this weekend and I happened to have a very old kyosho belt drivin 4wd car that had a single spur gear and a shaft of the same diameter, it's quite a bit longer though and I can't use the front dog bone. I either have to find a shorter dog bone or shorten the shaft. I might keep it as 2wd though. I have a Hobbywing 10BL60 laying around and just looking for something on the cheaper side. I was looking at the Hobbywing 3650SD 8.5T(4560KV) or the QuicRun 3652SL G2 4000KV. The 3650 is $50 and the 3652 is only $30. I'll probably end up going for the 3650 cause it's sensored and I've never used a sensored setup, and the higher KV.
The 10bl60 isn't a sensored esc so the sensored motor won't have any advantage on that front.

Well maybe some are so I shouldn't say that, I'm used to the ones with the encased fans which are not, not sure which one you have so you may be able to disregard my statement

Back