Motor mount variations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

Resident hoarder of RC's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Radix
Just for clarification, I have gathered this info from looking at Corally's official website, so if there are any differences to your actual car or details that is out of my control..!!

I've been nerding it up on Corally's cars and have discovered a couple of interesting differences between the years and models regarding the spur size and motor mount.🤔 ( this guide will probably help the people who will build Frankenstein Corraly's 😉🤣 )

Corally offer 2x spurs and 2x motor mounts depending on the model/version year..
( the Sketer uses a totally different mount altogether, we'll talk about that later )

From what I can tell the 52T is used on these:
Jambo
Dementor
Kronos
Kronos XTR
Punisher
Muraco
Shogun

And the 46T used on these:
Radix
Python

It gets a bit more complicated after that though because it looks like they use two different motor mounts depending wether it's a V1 or V2 model, and also a spacer is used to correct or adjust the heights of the mounts.
I believe the reason behind these differences is that unlike an Arrma there is no cutout in the bottom of the chassis where the spur goes, therefore they needed to raise the entire center diff and motor mount for the larger spur.

Here are some pics from Corally's website showing the center mount with different spur sizes and the height differences between models
( Sketer is just here to show the differences in height as it uses a completely different mount !! )

feature_7.jpg
feature_8.jpg
feature_5.jpg

So as you can see, the Radix has no spacers low mount with 46T, Jambo/Dementor shows 52T with what I believe to be a V1 low mount and 2 spacers and lastly the Sketer 52T with tall mount and 1 spacer.

Here are the different motor mounts, I think this is correct.
V2 is fitted to the Kronos XTR as standard and maybe the V2 2021 models 🤔

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 12.24.13.png

The V1 mount is fitted to all buggies new or old and the V1 models..

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 12.24.41.png

These are the spacers used on the various models, depending on what motor mount is used it might use just one piece or both..!!

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 12.50.52.png

The Sketer uses a totally new style of mount that looks to be narrower than the conventional mount due to the Sketer being smaller..
I believe the sliding mount could work in a Sketer, but you will have to cut the side guard 🤔 ( this has yet to be tested )
I'm not sure if I like this new mount as adjusting the gear mesh will be harder to do due to the bolt locations in the mount..!!

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 13.15.27.png

So that's it for now, I think I've covered all what I was trying to explain..😎

I don't currently have all the various mounts myself, but when I do I will upload some pics of them side by side to show the differences in height etc....
If anyone has any extra info or pics feel free to contribute them here as it will help all of us in the long run..👍🏼

Ooops nearly forgot, the other end of the diff mount seems to be the exact same part used on all versions..👍🏼

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 13.30.09.png

Lastly, I believe all models can be upgraded to the V2 mount without issue by not using the various spacers..!!

Last edited:
Just for clarification, I have gathered this info from looking at Corally's official website, so if there are any differences to your actual car or details that is out of my control..!!

I've been nerding it up on Corally's cars and have discovered a couple of interesting differences between the years and models regarding the spur size and motor mount.🤔 ( this guide will probably help the people who will build Frankenstein Corraly's 😉🤣 )

Corally offer 2x spurs and 2x motor mounts depending on the model/version year..
( the Sketer uses a totally different mount altogether, we'll talk about that later )

From what I can tell the 52T is used on these:
Jambo
Dementor
Kronos
Kronos XTR
Punisher
Muraco
Shogun

And the 46T used on these:
Radix
Python

It gets a bit more complicated after that though because it looks like they use two different motor mounts depending wether it's a V1 or V2 model, and also a spacer is used to correct or adjust the heights of the mounts.
I believe the reason behind these differences is that unlike an Arrma there is no cutout in the bottom of the chassis where the spur goes, therefore they needed to raise the entire center diff and motor mount for the larger spur.

Here are some pics from Corally's website showing the center mount with different spur sizes and the height differences between models
( Sketer is just here to show the differences in height as it uses a completely different mount !! )

View attachment 1177View attachment 1184View attachment 1176

So as you can see, the Radix has no spacers low mount with 46T, Jambo/Dementor shows 52T with what I believe to be a V1 low mount and 2 spacers and lastly the Sketer 52T with tall mount and 1 spacer.

Here are the different motor mounts, I think this is correct.
V2 is fitted to the Kronos XTR as standard and maybe the V2 2021 models 🤔

View attachment 1179

The V1 mount is fitted to all buggies new or old and the V1 models..

View attachment 1180

These are the spacers used on the various models, depending on what motor mount is used it might use just one piece or both..!!

View attachment 1183

The Sketer uses a totally new style of mount that looks to be narrower than the conventional mount due to the Sketer being smaller..
I believe the sliding mount could work in a Sketer, but you will have to cut the side guard 🤔 ( this has yet to be tested )
I'm not sure if I like this new mount as adjusting the gear mesh will be harder to do due to the bolt locations in the mount..!!

View attachment 1185

So that's it for now, I think I've covered all what I was trying to explain..😎

I don't currently have all the various mounts myself, but when I do I will upload some pics of them side by side to show the differences in height etc....
If anyone has any extra info or pics feel free to contribute them here as it will help all of us in the long run..👍🏼

Ooops nearly forgot, the other end of the diff mount seems to be the exact same part used on all versions..👍🏼

View attachment 1186

Lastly, I believe all models can be upgraded to the V2 mount without issue by not using the various spacers..!!
Not sure why team corally hasn’t hired you as a spokesperson yet lol

Awesome write up. Very well done.

One thing to add, per the Corally documentation (I have never verified this myself), the Python has a 50T Spur Gear, and the Radix has a 46T Spur Gear.

Huh. The description page on Corally's Python page is probably wrong, I would trust the manual. Seems like they should be the same, although I thought that it was what separated the two besides the wheels and body.

Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.15.02 PM.png

Huh. The description page on Corally's Python page is probably wrong, I would trust the manual. Seems like they should be the same, although I thought that it was what separated the two besides the wheels and body.

View attachment 1203
That's really interesting, because there is no 50T spur on their website.!!
Maybe they changed the specs at the last minute 🤔

That's really interesting, because there is no 50T spur on their website.!!
Maybe they changed the specs at the last minute 🤔
Whats even weirder is that they quote different speeds in the description too... 60+MPH for the Radix, 70+MPH for the Python. Thats even more confusing, as a bigger spur gear would make give you a slower top speed, correct?

I hate the sketer motor mount when changing a pinion. Getting to and turning the lower screw sucks.

Or maybe it has to do with the side plastic piece not fitting with this mount?

Back