Shogun Mazin's Shogun Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazin

Escaped communist occupied Commierado
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Shogun
  2. Sketer
Broke out the wifes Shogun for a quick pack...... Thing is a rocket on 4 wheels! You really have to have a soft throttle finger or you'll end up spinning out. The Shogun is cool but theres a few things that need addressing;
New tires, Stocks are already showing signs of shredding but it was rolled on the concrete so I will take blame for that.
Plastic Turnbuckles has got to go, needs adjustability.
Shocks need a heavy weight oil, She was chassis slapping during breaking. I think its low or a soft weight oil, also there was no adjustment on the front Shocks at all.

20220215_215608.jpg

20220215_215629.jpg

20220215_215647.jpg

Nice rig man! That body makes me dizzy though 🤪
I have never really payed attention the Shogun's body, but OMG it's hypnotising me..🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Mazin ... I would maybe set the oils etc like a Talion see if that helps 👍🤔
I like the look of the wheels/tyres and they are a good price, how are they on dirt or grass ??

Broke out the wifes Shogun for a quick pack...... Thing is a rocket on 4 wheels! You really have to have a soft throttle finger or you'll end up spinning out. The Shogun is cool but theres a few things that need addressing;
New tires, Stocks are already showing signs of shredding but it was rolled on the concrete so I will take blame for that.
Shocks need a heavy weight oil, She was chassis slapping during breaking. I think its low or a soft weight oil, also there was no adjustment on the front Shocks at all.

View attachment 1003

View attachment 1004

View attachment 1005
Front shock bodies look threaded....you cant adjust the pre load?

Did any oil leaked out of the shocks?
My Radix was also that low and scraped the chassis quite a bit. Did a good look and took the shocks apart and founded that the left shock was almost empty. Filled with fresh oil and placed the heavy springs and no troubles anymore.

Did any oil leaked out of the shocks?
My Radix was also that low and scraped the chassis quite a bit. Did a good look and took the shocks apart and founded that the left shock was almost empty. Filled with fresh oil and placed the heavy springs and no troubles anymore.
Don't have any Idea if any leaked out yet, Just ran it with my wife for 1 pack before tear down. I will get into it saturday.
Nice rig man! That body makes me dizzy though 🤪
Reminds me of the V2 Arrma’s which also needed heavier springs and oil.
Yea it is certainly a busy graphics design. Plan in doing a 30-40wt oil for the shocks. I need to order in a springs too, they do feel soft.
She sits quite low compared to the Kronos.
Is it just adjusting the spring tension and shock position that lowers it or is it different shock ends or something?
It has no preload on the front end right now and I should have looked at it more carefully before running it but daylight was running out and wanted to run the sketer too. I think it might be a combination of being low, soft springs and needing preload.
I have never really payed attention the Shogun's body, but OMG it's hypnotising me..🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Mazin ... I would maybe set the oils etc like a Talion see if that helps 👍🤔
I like the look of the wheels/tyres and they are a good price, how are they on dirt or grass ??
Only ran it on concrete yesterday, everything around me is just nasty soft mud right now but I will check the rig out on dirt sunday.
Front shock bodies look threaded....you cant adjust the pre load?
Yea the fronts do need preload, I should have checked that before the run but I wanted to run the sketer and let the wife run the shogun before we ran out of light. I plan on working the shocks saturday and checking it out again on sunday,

Ok did the shocks and they were not low at all but had to be a soft weight. I went ahead gave it about 40% preload in the front and used 40wt. Dropped it from waist high and it didn't slap the chassis at all.
New Stance
20220216_180522.jpg

View attachment 1003

View attachment 1004

View attachment 1005
I don't mind the body itself, but yeah, the paint is giving me the spins🤮
Seems most of the v2 TC's came through with too soft springs..my '21 xtr has soft springs as well.
No experience with those tires, but they do sell out quickly at JRC. Likely due to the price they sell them for, and that they closely mimic the Arrma talions.
Nice rig👍😃

So Both the main mounting arms for the wing and shredded 2 tires and rims so now its time for rubber and rim shopping, any suggestions?

Don't have a recommendation to buy but more to stay away from, duratrax, maybe their regular tires are ok??? but their belted are garbage, bought 3 sets so far.... never again, all wobble like crazy and out of the 12 tires I have on hand I've blown the belts on 7 of them, price is nice but that's where it ends! 7 of the 2.8 size have blown (six pack), the 3.8's (hatchet) haven't but it's virtually undrivable due to the oval shape they have

Don't have a recommendation to buy but more to stay away from, duratrax, maybe their regular tires are ok??? but their belted are garbage, bought 3 sets so far.... never again, all wobble like crazy and out of the 12 tires I have on hand I've blown the belts on 7 of them, price is nice but that's where it ends! 7 of the 2.8 size have blown (six pack), the 3.8's (hatchet) haven't but it's virtually undrivable due to the oval shape they have
Yep, they're just ok (for the price) but definitely not a premium product. Truthfully, I'm a fan of Arrma's tires and wheels in general. If you can get them from a kit breaker, they're hands down best bang for the buck IMO.
Stay away from Arrma 3s tires tho..barely adequate for 3s, def wouldn't go any more with those.
@Mazin what kind of terrain you runnin? For general purpose, I like the katars, for something taller, try the truggy katars. Smoother terrain (clay), I like the TLR typhon exobytes (I think they're called). I see the Louise are popular, but same product as dtx. Sure they're popular, but I think it's due more for their price than performance or durability. You might have a look at the dtx sct tires/wheels with 17mm hex? I think they're 4-4.5" tall? Just my 2c.✌

Yep, they're just ok (for the price) but definitely not a premium product. Truthfully, I'm a fan of Arrma's tires and wheels in general. If you can get them from a kit breaker, they're hands down best bang for the buck IMO.
Stay away from Arrma 3s tires tho..barely adequate for 3s, def wouldn't go any more with those.
@Mazin what kind of terrain you runnin? For general purpose, I like the katars, for something taller, try the truggy katars. Smoother terrain (clay), I like the TLR typhon exobytes (I think they're called). I see the Louise are popular, but same product as dtx. Sure they're popular, but I think it's due more for their price than performance or durability. You might have a look at the dtx sct tires/wheels with 17mm hex? I think they're 4-4.5" tall? Just my 2c.✌
Sorry for the late response brudda the move wrecked my summer bashing. Mostly bmx tracks. I went ahead and just put the outcast back flips on to check it out and it looks beefy but need to run it to see if I'm over amping the esc or not.

Back