Max 8 G2 system or the Corally system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels007

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
Has anyone tried both of these and found one better than the other? The ESC's seem to be close in amps "HW ESC Current - Cont. (A)160 ESC - Current - Peak (A)1050 VS TC ESC - Current - Cont. (A)150ESC - Current - Peak (A)950". Same with the motors being close one being "HW 2250kv vs TC 2050kv". Thinking of getting a Kagama roller.

I have two Corally systems and two Max8 G2 systems. You can use a larger pinion with the Max8 G2 because it is sensored and the vehicles don't cog. To me, the 2250 might be a bit faster, but I haven't use a GPS to clock them. I have a new Asuga roller, and I have a Corally system coming tomorrow for it rather than a Max8.

If ur gonna buy a roller I would definitely get the hobbywing system. Or if u buy the rtr can’t go wrong with that either. I have both. But I do find the corally system gets a lot hotter than the hobbywing. I mean a lot.

As far as I know, the Corally system is a rebranded max8 G1.
The G2 can run sensored motors, so that could be interesting.
That's correct. I have a G1 in my Traxxas Maxx, a G2 in my Arrma Infraction 6s, and as of this morning, I have a G2 in my new Asuga roller. Sensored systems allow me to run a larger pinion without cogging.

If ur gonna buy a roller I would definitely get the hobbywing system. Or if u buy the rtr can’t go wrong with that either. I have both. But I do find the corally system gets a lot hotter than the hobbywing. I mean a lot.
^^ This is what I was also wondering.
I have a G1 Max8 4274 combo with a 16t pinion and Badland tires on my Sketer. If I drive normal on 4s the temps are no issue, but if drive hard with out taking a minute or two break here and there it gets hot. I'm mostly running my yard that has 1 inch grass/patchy dirt, and hills to jump. It's not exactly golf course quality.😉

^^ This is what I was also wondering.
I have a G1 Max8 4274 combo with a 16t pinion and Badland tires on my Sketer. If I drive normal on 4s the temps are no issue, but if drive hard with out taking a minute or two break here and there it gets hot. I'm mostly running my yard that has 1 inch grass/patchy dirt, and hills to jump. It's not exactly golf course quality.😉
The G2 system is supposed to run cooler than the G1 system. I haven’t run my G2 systems in warm weather yet so I can’t comment on that.

I bought a Max8 G2 to replace the stock Torox that came with my Kronos RTR since that died after about 12 months.
In my opinion the Max8 is a lot better due to the difference in the BEC output allowing you to run higher powered servos although I have still yet to run it properly in anger since I currently have unresolved diff issues.

Back