Radix Maiden voyage and first impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

Resident hoarder of RC's
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Radix
So here it is.... Pre bash :cool: Totally stock out the box, all I changed were the wheels. Didn't change any settings just ran it as factory setup.

IMG_2924.jpeg

So one pack done ( almost one pack ) run cut short due to the absolute rubbish Proline MX buggy tyres :mad:
I used my least powerful and physically smallest 6s pack, HRB 4000mAh 60c and well what can I say this thing is crazy fast 🤪

Not too impressed with the handling to be honest atm, I think all the diffs and possibly the shocks need re-working changing of fluids, the front currently diffs out so much that it removed the tyre again..!! ( you can see me complain about these wheels/tyres over on the AF too )

I think I may have broken the rear chassis brace as the chassis is now very bendy 😂🤣 also minor damage to shock caps :confused:

IMG_2926.jpeg

I'm never buying these Proline MX wheels/tyres EVER again.!! ( I have many Arrma buggy tyres and some other cheapo's and yet they all manage to stay on the rims.!!! )

IMG_2925.jpeg

Ouch 😣 I knew I should have fitted the shock cap protectors 😂

IMG_2927.jpeg

The only other thing I did pre-bash was this.. ( my OCD just couldn't handle all that extra wire :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:o_O:rolleyes: )

IMG_2922.jpeg

So overall no real complaints so far, the build quality seems really good for the price and personally I think it is better than the Arrma Typhon, It's certainly faster.!! and also over £200.!! cheaper 😲

I totally agree with what @JvG said earlier https://www.corallyforum.com/threads/jvgs-python-6s-2021-first-impressions.172/

So I'm not going to repeat what has already has been said go read his first impressions (y)

I've not stripped it down as of yet so I'll report back here later, if the chassis brace turns out to be broken I will just go straight for the 7075 upgraded versions..

So here it is.... Pre bash :cool: Totally stock out the box, all I changed were the wheels. Didn't change any settings just ran it as factory setup.

View attachment 908

So one pack done ( almost one pack ) run cut short due to the absolute rubbish Proline MX buggy tyres :mad:
I used my least powerful and physically smallest 6s pack, HRB 4000mAh 60c and well what can I say this thing is crazy fast 🤪

Not too impressed with the handling to be honest atm, I think all the diffs and possibly the shocks need re-working changing of fluids, the front currently diffs out so much that it removed the tyre again..!! ( you can see me complain about these wheels/tyres over on the AF too )

I think I may have broken the rear chassis brace as the chassis is now very bendy 😂🤣 also minor damage to shock caps :confused:

View attachment 910

I'm never buying these Proline MX wheels/tyres EVER again.!! ( I have many Arrma buggy tyres and some other cheapo's and yet they all manage to stay on the rims.!!! )

View attachment 909

Ouch 😣 I knew I should have fitted the shock cap protectors 😂

View attachment 911

The only other thing I did pre-bash was this.. ( my OCD just couldn't handle all that extra wire :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:o_O:rolleyes: )

View attachment 912

So overall no real complaints so far, the build quality seems really good for the price and personally I think it is better than the Arrma Typhon, It's certainly faster.!! and also over £200.!! cheaper 😲

I totally agree with what @JvG said earlier https://www.corallyforum.com/threads/jvgs-python-6s-2021-first-impressions.172/

So I'm not going to repeat what has already has been said go read his first impressions (y)

I've not stripped it down as of yet so I'll report back here later, if the chassis brace turns out to be broken I will just go straight for the 7075 upgraded versions..
Nice review man and thanks for the link! Too bad those expensive tires are rubbish...
I've been breaking my head last night over how to fit an Ovonic 5200mAh 6S and finally managed to do that. Also removed the cap pack and will be soldering XT150's tonight.
Tomorrow the shock cap protectors an CF braces arrive (y) almost done...

Good write up! Good luck with the fixes.

Interesting that you had trouble with the Proline tires/wheels. They have worked great for me on my Typhon. Maybe the extra power that the TC esc/motor has is enough to break them

Hurricane

That's all great, but if the mounting point breaks it doesn't matter how stiff the braces are 😂😂😂
I have a funny feeling it's the gearbox end mounting point that has broken on mine. ☹️

View attachment 915
Doing jumps i’d certainly go alu braces, but mine is gonna be and onroad basher and i needed a bit more stiffness. It’s gotta drive like a surfboard 👍

Back