Sketer Lost a couple of teeth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crapusername1

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
Looks like I'm driving this weekend with the original 13t until another 15t shows up,it looked like there was plenty of clearance when meshed together i could slip paper between gears.

20220610_182704.jpg

It was a team corally lasted 10 minutes but it was a fun 10 minutes
Seems to me TC is experiencing some QC issues.. the drive cups on all my xtr diffs are wearing unusually fast. Others here have had similar issues with Sketer drive cups..something wrong with the heat treating I think..

T
Seems to me TC is experiencing some QC issues.. the drive cups on all my xtr diffs are wearing unusually fast. Others here have had similar issues with Sketer drive cups..something wrong with the heat treating I think..
That's a shame the qc is definitely an issue I've got a few things that shouldn't have been left the way it is when shipped out but I still love my little sketer

Got this one. Sofar so good on my heavy weight Sketer. Think of going to 14t. Sketer is getting hot 🔥

IMG_20220428_145823.jpg

21 xtr outdrive, pretty much all look like this including diff input cups. I have other brand rc's with way more miles that don't look like this..

20220602_200228.jpg

I agree. I had a really dumb QC issue on my radix6. I noticed a pile of oil under the center diff out of the box. I got it out and noticed the 4 screws holding the gear to the diff were not tight. They were like barely in. So I added syrup, checked the gasket, then tightened the screws and it seems fine now. But that's a dumb issue to have on their behalf imho

I agree. I had a really dumb QC issue on my radix6. I noticed a pile of oil under the center diff out of the box. I got it out and noticed the 4 screws holding the gear to the diff were not tight. They were like barely in. So I added syrup, checked the gasket, then tightened the screws and it seems fine now. But that's a dumb issue to have on their behalf imho
To phrase the great Forrest Gump, "It happens".🤣🤣
But seriously, it does..my Xmaxx was leaking shock syrup "in" the box!..brand new!! $1000 rc!?
Guess what? After buying and installing new shock "cartidges", they still leak.. with thicker syrup!!🤢🤮🤬

To phrase the great Forrest Gump, "It happens".🤣🤣
But seriously, it does..my Xmaxx was leaking shock syrup "in" the box!..brand new!! $1000 rc!?
Guess what? After buying and installing new shock "cartidges", they still leak.. with thicker syrup!!🤢🤮🤬
Same here ive just rebuilt 8 shocks for different cars and I've got 2 that have i little wet spot overnight, the sketer has one shock that I cannot stop leaking so I'm going to order new seals

Not one issue with the spring steal..This guy put a 15t pinion and left the mess to loose ..Cant blame Corally for that and Corally addressed the drive cup issue when the v2 Kronos and Sketer came out..You kinda seem like a hater in many posts..Why are you on here? Just to tell everyone that you don't really like Team Corally? 😂

Man u love my TC its a great basher I've been putting 2 packs through it at the bmx track every afternoon and I still haven't broken anything, ive changed the diff fluid,shock oil and 15t pinion that's it and let's been a great performer

Man u love my TC its a great basher I've been putting 2 packs through it at the bmx track every afternoon and I still haven't broken anything, ive changed the diff fluid,shock oil and 15t pinion that's it and let's been a great performer
I agree..Im running a 16t pinion..5mm m2c hexs and 1/2 offset wheels..Its a beast! Tough as nails

Not one issue with the spring steal..This guy put a 15t pinion and left the mess to loose ..Cant blame Corally for that and Corally addressed the drive cup issue when the v2 Kronos and Sketer came out..You kinda seem like a hater in many posts..Why are you on here? Just to tell everyone that you don't really like Team Corally? 😂
Just you buddy👍
Sorry you don't like me pointing out different issues that myself and others have had with our TC rigs. Bottom line is yeah, I do like my TC rig, but premature failures I don't appreciate. Do you?

Last edited:
Same here ive just rebuilt 8 shocks for different cars and I've got 2 that have i little wet spot overnight, the sketer has one shock that I cannot stop leaking so I'm going to order new seals
I had one persistent leaky shock because the bladder in the cap was either not formed correctly or got pinched somehow. Installed a new one and have had zero leaks since.

Wow, not good. What brand pinion is that? Looks like the spur is undamaged?
I've been running Tekno pinions (14 & 15) all spring with no issue at all. Tried a Yeah Racing earlier and that was toast after two runs (allegedly hardened but the experience seems to say otherwise).

I had one persistent leaky shock because the bladder in the cap was either not formed correctly or got pinched somehow. Installed a new one and have had zero leaks since.

I've been running Tekno pinions (14 & 15) all spring with no issue at all. Tried a Yeah Racing earlier and that was toast after two runs (allegedly hardened but the experience seems to say otherwise).
Agreed, Tekno or Robinson racing are what I prefer for pinions. I guess TC has had some bad batches that slipped by..
But for the OP issue with the TC pinion, if the mesh was bad, how come there's no visible damage to the spur? I really think it's just a defective pinion myself.

Back