Longer wheel hexes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Muraco
  3. Radix
The new Sweep wheels and tires on my Muraco have a thicker mounting area, and the wheel nuts don't go on as far as they do with other wheels and tires. Does anyone know of wheel hexes with a longer threaded area that fit Corally 6s vehicles?

I see that CRCU did have some, but the product page just shows an error now when I go to it? Discontinued perhaps, IDK. These are +10, which may or may not be a benefit to you, but they "appear" to have a longer threaded area than stock. Which is what it sounds like you're looking for.. otherwise, you may have to buy something universal such as M2C Arrma 6s which has multiple drive pin holes. They use a longer threaded area to accommodate the thicker sure lock nuts that they sell I think.
Here's the CRCU info, may be worth reaching out to them to see if they're still available?
https://customrcupgrades.com/product/team-corally-10mm-hex-extender-set/

Screenshot_20240212-115451_Samsung Internet.jpg

MMM-germany custom parts had 15mm extenders. I have them on my Asuga. They are great but unfortunately the businesses is closed. So m2c or Ali may be your best option. Cut some plastic out of the mounting area? To make it less thick. It is hard 2 do so maybe no option for you.
Otherwise i would not know.

Last edited:
I have a set of Redcat Shredder tires and wheels that were gifted to me a few years back. Like new, nothing really worth bragging about. Which is why they were gifted.. however what is relevant to this discussion is that those particular wheels are quite thick at the hex. Too thick to be used on stock Arrma or Corally adapters. Not enough threads for the wheelnuts to safely hold.
What I discovered is that my Redcat Kaiju hub adapters have a longer threaded portion than Arrma or TC adapters. I had to use a healthy stack of shims to fit the Kaiju hexes to the Kraton stub axles, but they worked perfectly, which is more than I can say for the Shredder tires.
There are certainly adapters out there that can fill the bill. I recently broke a Kraton 6s front hub, where the pivot ball sits. I didn't have a spare for the Kraton, but what I did have was spares for the Mojave/Typhon 6s. Along with the Mojave stub axle, I was able to install the Mojave front hub. However, the Kraton axle adapter won't work with the Mojave stub axle. Corally Kronos adapters fit perfectly. Which I also had laying around since replacing the TC hub adapters with Tekno ET48 2.0 pieces.. LOL. I literally have ziploc baggies full of axle adapters from many different rc brands. Very valuable to have around.
I'll try and get some measurements of various adapers and pin spacing to see if I can come up with a suitable combo for the TC rigs.

Oh, BTW, here's a link for the Kaiju adapters..
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ka...-set-front-rear-wheel-nuts-pins-redcat-racing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240213-095427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213-095427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 17
Back