Kronos XTR Kronos XTR 2022 - Monster Truck or Truggy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In here on the website they call the XTR a monster truck, I think it's more like a Truggy. What do you guys think?
I think it’s definitely a truggy design but they probably call it monster truck because of the tires? Arrma does this too with the Kraton. I always think they should just call it a monster truggy or like Losi used to have, a muggy lol

Agreed, it's a truggy.. and awesome!!
By racing classifications, any truck with differentials on top of the chassis is truggy, below chassis, monster truck. I'm not a racer, more like run what you bring, it's all good🤘

Ok good it's not just me then.
Are these things officially written down somewhere? You know like the diffs below or above chassis, or tire above certain diameter makes it a monster truggy and such?
I'm just curious and interested to know. It just seems like manufacturers have different definitions.

Ok good it's not just me then.
Are these things officially written down somewhere? You know like the diffs below or above chassis, or tire above certain diameter makes it a monster truggy and such?
I'm just curious and interested to know. It just seems like manufacturers have different definitions.
Well I don't honestly know real details myself, but I'm guessing it can vary by club/track to some extent depending on how many show up to race. At some point in the past I believe that monster truggies were popular enough to have a class at some clubs.
@razorrc Razor is a well versed rc enthusiast with much knowledge. Hopefully he can better explain?

I’ve never heard that differential thing, that must be a regional thing because the national ROAR rules don’t specify that.

In any case, monster truck is just a general term for an RC car with big wheels and a truck like body. A truggy has the wing, 4wd, and certain dimensions that are allowed to be bigger than a buggy.

I would call the Kronos a truggy.

I’ve never heard that differential thing, that must be a regional thing because the national ROAR rules don’t specify that.

In any case, monster truck is just a general term for an RC car with big wheels and a truck like body. A truggy has the wing, 4wd, and certain dimensions that are allowed to be bigger than a buggy.

I would call the Kronos a truggy.
Read it on the internet soo must be true🙄🤣
I've never actually done any official racing.
Would make sense that a vehicle with a higher COG(MT) would be at a disadvantage over lower COG(truggy).

No, it’s a STRUCK
acdc GIF

No its a Thunder Struck!!!!

acdc GIF

I think it's settled then. The ultimate version of the truggy is the ThunderSTruck :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🤘💪
And on this day it has been decreed so it shalt be done!

Now I will have that song stuck in my head for the next few days.

Back