Kronos Kronos xp drive cups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronass

Reaction score
So I’m really having trouble wrapping my head around team corallys thoughts. The Kronos is a powerful truck but I had one pack thru it stock and it blew a capacitor. Sent it back for warranty and bought the max 8 combo cause I didn’t wanna wait. Anyway. Now I go to swap diff fluids out and notice the drive cups r doing the same thing the xmaxx does. Is this an issue for everyone or just me like the capacitor lol. Also r the spring steel drive cups any better? Someone please advise. Lol

Oh prolly have 5 or 6, 6s packs thru it. And 1, 4s pack. So not a lot of time used

You're not alone on this one, the stock black cups are crap, most notice they wear very quickly, I've personally seen the wear on my rigs and on 3 separate occasions I've had them bust right in half, the spring steel ones are an excellent upgrade, pricey but you most likely won't have to replace them again

Yea it would cost like 80$ for front rear and center which isn’t too bad if they last. Lol. I am very disappointed in team corally. Will never buy one again. Lesson learned. Thanks.

The best part is team corally new they weren’t strong enough so they made the spring steel ones. Money grab.

Yea it would cost like 80$ for front rear and center which isn’t too bad if they last. Lol. I am very disappointed in team corally. Will never buy one again. Lesson learned. Thanks.

The best part is team corally new they weren’t strong enough so they made the spring steel ones. Money grab.
I don't see it as a money grab, the black XP cups aren't really up to the task. TC "now" knows this. They have not updated from the v2 rtr's yet. Everything they have released since the v2's have the spring steel cups from factory.
A smart man would respectfully ask for support from TC. Might even get the spring steel parts for free🤷‍♂️ Just sayin.

I don't see it as a money grab, the black XP cups aren't really up to the task. TC "now" knows this. They have not updated from the v2 rtr's yet. Everything they have released since the v2's have the spring steel cups from factory.
A smart man would respectfully ask for support from TC. Might even get the spring steel parts for free🤷‍♂️ Just sayin.
They have a 2yr warranty. When my 2021 kronos cups wore out after 5 packs. I contacted them , they sent all new drive cups and drives shafts

Ok. I will give it a shot. Thanks guys

Caleb were they the stock ones or the spring steel ones
Personally if I had stock cups. I'd remove them all, bring them to work. Heat them red hot and dip into oil. Hardening them. Then bake in the oven at 200% for 3 hours to temper them. But that's only me. I have the Kronos xtr 2022 edition. It came with the upgraded cups. Spring steel. There mint. But I did jump it and kept braking control arms. So I modified it with arrma kraton exb arms and cvds. Now it's pretty invincible. Exept I made my own ackriment steering plate. The part that the tierod ends connect to. Good luck 🤞

They have a 2yr warranty. When my 2021 kronos cups wore out after 5 packs. I contacted them , they sent all new drive cups and drives shafts
I think I got the inspiration to submit a claim from you. Thanks BTW 🍻

For what it's worth, TC support is pretty good. In my experience, if the old TC part has been updated in newer models, they will send you the updated part. This was the case for me with the 2021 Kronos XP front Pillar Ball hubs. When I opened a ticket about them popping out constantly, they sent the upgraded ones and I haven't had an issue since.

Spring steel

Go for it. All i did was open the ticket and sent them pics and explained every thing.
I did after having heard from you about how TC warranted yours. Mine had black XP steel, TC sent me out the spring steel cups under warranty for free. Think that was last year? The spring steel are waay better!! Thanks👍

been running spring steel cups which come on the kronos xtr for 6 months or so on 6s and there hardly worn at all (y)
I'm just going through replacing all the cups with the Swiss spring steel versions.
Do you lube (oil/grease/Teflon spray etc) the pins and cups?

Ok guys update and it’s a great one. Thanks for giving me the input Caleb.

They gave me all spring steel for next to nothing. I’m ok with it. Thanks team corally

So I basically paid the difference from the standard ones to upgrades ones.

Attachments

• IMG_6068.png
    IMG_6068.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Ok guys update and it’s a great one. Thanks for giving me the input Caleb.

They gave me all spring steel for next to nothing. I’m ok with it. Thanks team corally

So I basically paid the difference from the standard ones to upgrades ones.
That is really nice. Support from TC is really good. 👍

Back