Kronos Kronos XP 2021 upgraded vs XTR 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arriving tomorrow! The heart of my Kronos is ready for transplantation into its newer, shinier, improved body!😁

IMG_20220622_222218.jpg

That's a great power system. I recommend a good heatsink and fan.
Good idea! Any recommandation ? When browsing last week I saw a cheap hobbywing fan mounted onto a heatsink for around 11€, don't know if it's any good... This one:

hobbywing-radiateur-ventilateur-86080130.jpg

Good idea! Any recommandation ? When browsing last week I saw a cheap hobbywing fan mounted onto a heatsink for around 11€, don't know if it's any good... This one:

View attachment 2575
Have a look at this thread of my build, in there I mention the heatsink and dual fan I put on it. These work really well because the contact surface of the heatsink with the motor is big and because it's got two fans.

Edit: also pay attention to a little mod I make to the way the fans and fan protectors are mounted further on that thread, this increases the durability of the fans by a lot.

Last edited:
XTR's home! Looking awesome. The build is really next level compared to the stock rtr Kronos!:D Still, there are enough parts in common that the rtr Kronos will make a suitable donor, so win / win! Also, one look at the brand new tires confirms that mine are REALLY worn out! I'll still use them until they lose their grip. Tonight's program: mounting and setting up the electronics: Torox ESC/Kuron motor, Evo T2 servo and Futaba RX/TX.

XTR's home! Looking awesome. The build is really next level compared to the stock rtr Kronos!:D Still, there are enough parts in common that the rtr Kronos will make a suitable donor, so win / win! Also, one look at the brand new tires confirms that mine are REALLY worn out! I'll still use them until they lose their grip. Tonight's program: mounting and setting up the electronics: Torox ESC/Kuron motor, Evo T2 servo and Futaba RX/TX.
Nice one!!! The '22 XTR really is impressive. I'm convinced it's the best value for money available on the market today on the 6S basher category.
The stock tires are really good, I'm particularly impressed by the glue job, impeccable.

Nice one!!! The '22 XTR really is impressive. I'm convinced it's the best value for money available on the market today on the 6S basher category.
The stock tires are really good, I'm particularly impressed by the glue job, impeccable.
I have only run my xtr tires on my kraton exb thus far, and only a couple runs at that. But I will say they do grip quite well on any soft terrain. I'm trying to save them for appropriate conditions. They compare quite well to the Arrma backflip mt's which are the benchmark IMO. I know nothing of the Prolines, too expensive.

Congrats!! I think you'll be pleased. The TC power is awesome!! Of course you already know that😎

Yes I know!! Wild power! Finished the build, smooth operation except for the VERY tight fit of the servo inside the servo box, had to brute force that sucker in!! Evo T2 servo seems great, extremely responsive and strong on 7.4v. Wasn't impressed with the stock servo on my regular Kronos so took a chance on that one. Too late to try the XTR out, I hope the weather will be nice tomorrow!

Yes I know!! Wild power! Finished the build, smooth operation except for the VERY tight fit of the servo inside the servo box, had to brute force that sucker in!! Evo T2 servo seems great, extremely responsive and strong on 7.4v. Wasn't impressed with the stock servo on my regular Kronos so took a chance on that one. Too late to try the XTR out, I hope the weather will be nice tomorrow!
Yes! It's a very tight fit for the servo, but once it's in it's not going anywhere.

Snug as a bug in a rug!! :D :ROFLMAO: Yes the radio box/servo mount is a bit to deal with, but does seem to do a good job of keeping everything tight and secure.

I had 2 of the rtr Corally servo's go out on me before I gave up on them. One started developing free play at the output shaft, and glitching back and forth erratically. The other the output shaft twisted and would no longer hold the servo arm.. ironically, I stuck a cheapo DS3225 in there and it lasted longer. Too weak for stock tires though.

Was finally able to try the XTR out! No jumps for now. Obviously, the power is the same as my previous Kronos, no surprise here. The 52/13 gearing didn't seem to be all that different from the 11/46, maybe a bit more torque and less top speed? Impossible to go full throttle anyway!:p It definitely handles a bit better, the combination of harder suspensions, different servo and (maybe?) the overall chassis stiffness makes it more agile while more predictable. Good stuff!
Next, to rougher terrain and I'll paint that clear body (first "serious" paint job!) in Tamiya Camel Yellow;)

Just got back from my first real bashing session at my local, semi abandonned bmx track. It was awesome. Multiple cartwheels, one of which seemed to last forever, nose dives, crashes of all sorts... I must admit I winced several times!! I didn't break a thing. The body's scratched up, the wing's scratched up... but nothing actually broke or even came undone. MY XTR always wanted more! Impressive stuff. Will definitely go back there very soon and improve my jumping skills which SUCK big time!!

Just got back from my first real bashing session at my local, semi abandonned bmx track. It was awesome. Multiple cartwheels, one of which seemed to last forever, nose dives, crashes of all sorts... I must admit I winced several times!! I didn't break a thing. The body's scratched up, the wing's scratched up... but nothing actually broke or even came undone. MY XTR always wanted more! Impressive stuff. Will definitely go back there very soon and improve my jumping skills which SUCK big time!!
Awesome!! Glad you're enjoying it!! Can't wait to get mine back together. I got the swiss pinion drive cups and center driveshafts, just waiting on the other diff cups to come in now.

Back