Kagama Kronos to kagama

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouldy

Reaction score
Brought a kronos at Christmas time, which was my first corally, then soon got the asuga and sketer, now my question is my kronos came with the tower to tower brace in the box so its imo not that much different to the kagama, obviously I know the kagama is better, but is it that much better?, has anyone else brought the kagama in the same situation?

Just don't want to think poop, that was a waste of 550 quid, I should have got the Mojave or something

Just don't want to think poop, that was a waste of 550 quid, I should have got the Mojave or something
Definitely not wasted your cash on the Kronos.
Yes there's a few differences between the Kronos and Kagama, but it tends to be consumables (upper and lower arms - break/ovalise the hinge holes), so replace with Kagama parts. Same with shock towers, and also the shocks.

Alternatively, run the Kronos until it becomes uneconomic to repair, then buy a Kagama roller and swap in the ESC and motor. I've seen them for £300, so when diffs / input gears / tyres need replacing, add a chassis and bodyshell replacement, it's not far off the cost of a fresh roller.

Yes that was what I was thinking, get the roller then straight swap with the electronics , I think once they come back in stock here in the uk, my next big purchase is gonna be the 4s Mojave
You know in this and my first time in the Hobbie, I've probably brought 25 brushless rcs and not one has been an arrma lol
Its the plastic, like traxxas that puts me of, but the Mojave us the only arrma that I've really ever been interested in

To be clear on my meaning of plastics, I mean you drop half a Grand on a rc, the last thing I wanna see is plastic drive shafts, looks cheap as 💩

Yes that was what I was thinking, get the roller then straight swap with the electronics , I think once they come back in stock here in the uk, my next big purchase is gonna be the 4s Mojave
You know in this and my first time in the Hobbie, I've probably brought 25 brushless rcs and not one has been an arrma lol
Its the plastic, like traxxas that puts me of, but the Mojave us the only arrma that I've really ever been interested in

To be clear on my meaning of plastics, I mean you drop half a Grand on a rc, the last thing I wanna see is plastic drive shafts, looks cheap as 💩
I totally get what you're saying. I prefer alloy, carbon, titanium, magnesium - it's what sets our rigs aside from 'toys'.

Even my first ever rig - the Sand Scorcher - had hardly any plastic on the chassis besides the styrene body and waterproof box.

Plastic is not a selling point for me, but there are other reasons why I wouldn't give Traxass even 1 penny of my money.

IMG_20230331_195431.jpg

I totally get what you're saying. I prefer alloy, carbon, titanium, magnesium - it's what sets our rigs aside from 'toys'.

Even my first ever rig - the Sand Scorcher - had hardly any plastic on the chassis besides the styrene body and waterproof box.

Plastic is not a selling point for me, but there are other reasons why I wouldn't give Traxass even 1 penny of my money.

View attachment 6020
That thing looks awesome. Gotta try to get those wheels somewhere.

That thing looks awesome. Gotta try to get those wheels somewhere.
I think the beadlock wheels were ordered from RCModelz here in the UK. The orange beadlock rings were separate.

Composite materials help get the weight down. The woven carbon fibre parts make the Baja stiffer and save over 400g - even though the replacement parts are twice as thick! 😎💪

The alloy parts are bling, bling, but strategic use can yield some key advantages. They're certainly more precise and firm up some key areas.

I'm not a fan of plastic chassis, but KT swears by them for 'jumping to the moon' and hard bashing.

But:

PXL_20240218_165854893.jpg
Vs
1000019323.png

You decide! Neither option come cheap. 😁

Back