Kronos Kronos tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouldy

Reaction score
Hey new here(first post), just come over to the corally world, got a kronos xp last week, done the diffs, put the stiffer springs on
Now I'm not to keen on the stock tyres, they ain't bad enough for me not to get on with them, on 6s its to fast, so I went down to 4s and perfect
But I've took the stock tires off and put a set of 4s backflip on, now on 4s it seemed a tiny tiny bit to slow for me so on goes a 16t pinny and perfect again( 6s forget it lol)
But I'm struggling to find another set of tires to get, has anyone got any good recommendations?

Also got a 160a surpass rocket esc and a 4274 2025kv motor plus a jx ecoboost 21kg servo on there way as we speak from China, they will be going into a asuga roller next week

So any recommendations on the tires?
Cheers Peter

Edit to say the badlands mx38 and trenchers are to big imo
anyone use the 6s backflip?

I guess it depends on whether you're bashing or racing. For bashing, it seems like alot of people choose Backflips or the Badlands. For racing, that would be dependent on track conditions and surface. My Shogun has only been driven on the track; tires I've used are CrimeFighters, Scribbles and CityBlocks. All seem to perform well.

I guess it depends on whether you're bashing or racing. For bashing, it seems like alot of people choose Backflips or the Badlands. For racing, that would be dependent on track conditions and surface. My Shogun has only been driven on the track; tires I've used are CrimeFighters, Scribbles and CityBlocks. All seem to perform well.
Can't go wrong with AKA cityblocks👍

I really like em. Next I want to try the Bow Tie variant, I forget what AKA calls them. One of my friends runs a similar pattern to those and his 48 2.0 is pretty hooked.

Bashing ill be using it for, I did think the backflips and badlands would be high up on people's list
Might get a set of trenchers lp, and for the road a set of sweep racing road crusher belted and take it from there

Now.....my asuga 😀i see the sketer tyres are a popular choice
I was gonna go with the Louise rc mt pioneer or uphill with the 1/2 offset

Edit anyone try or run the 6s backflip with the kronos?

Bashing ill be using it for, I did think the backflips and badlands would be high up on people's list
Might get a set of trenchers lp, and for the road a set of sweep racing road crusher belted and take it from there

Now.....my asuga 😀i see the sketer tyres are a popular choice
I was gonna go with the Louise rc mt pioneer or uphill with the 1/2 offset

Edit anyone try or run the 6s backflip with the kronos?
I’m not sure about the Kronos but I’ve had the BF mt6’s on a Kagama for a couple of weeks now and I’ve been happy. Much less ballooning and plenty of traction at least where I run.

I’m not sure about the Kronos but I’ve had the BF mt6’s on a Kagama for a couple of weeks now and I’ve been happy. Much less ballooning and plenty of traction at least where I run.
I'm glad I've just read your approval for the 6s bf, because I ordered them about half an hour ago lol
Hope I like them

Cheers

Nice! 👍 👍

The stock tires work great “for me”, while running 4S but on 6S, balloon city!

The BF mt’s still balloon a little when it’s wide open but much less than the stock tires. The dimensions overall are Lose but you can feel the difference in the side walls instantly upon touching them. One is firm, the other,…….well,…..let’s just go with not so firm.

I’ve been running the BF lp’s on 4S on my SSTE and I’ve been really happy with those as well on 4S, 6S is a little sketchy on the lp’s imo.

I’ve also been running some Sweep Racing belted TC’s and I’ve been super impressed with them as well however they have stayed mostly earthbound, I’m not sure how well they would hold up after a bunch of hard landings but possibly fine. Anyway, zero ballooning, none, bada, zip, zilch. I want to use them on a street basher build, possibly a Spark that I Frankenstein into something a little more mean. 😈

Yeah I'm getting the sweep racing belted with the 1/2 offset next week, missus said I've spent enough for this week 😲😭😭
I might sneek some in Friday without her noticing lol(hopefully)

I've been pretty happy with them, it's definitely a different feel than the larger truck/truggy tires. My bashers will continue to use bf's for the time being but my faster open field cars really benefited from the Sweeps. Very responsive imo, although to be fair, I don't have enough time on them yet to see how they will wear but nothing has jumped out so far.

Back