Asuga Kronos stock servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gouldy

Reaction score
hi, just got my asuga roller, originally id got the surpass rocket esc v2 (160a) which has a 8.4v bec, 2050kv motor and a ecoboost 21kg servo

now I thought the kronos would probably need the ecoboost more than the asuga, so I've put the corally 7225 servo in and at 8.4v, the first power up the servo had a right hissy fit lol, but after the initial shock of the power surge of 8.4v 😁 it seems fine
so the short version is, has anyone run the stock servo at 8.4v? was it OK?

cheers Peter

hi, just got my asuga roller, originally id got the surpass rocket esc v2 (160a) which has a 8.4v bec, 2050kv motor and a ecoboost 21kg servo

now I thought the kronos would probably need the ecoboost more than the asuga, so I've put the corally 7225 servo in and at 8.4v, the first power up the servo had a right hissy fit lol, but after the initial shock of the power surge of 8.4v 😁 it seems fine
so the short version is, has anyone run the stock servo at 8.4v? was it OK?

cheers Peter
Your stock servo will likely die for no apparent reason regardless of what voltage you run. It's just how 60% of RTR' servos are.

If it was me, I'd check the endpoints and drop the voltage to 6v. Get a quality spare servo in advance. 👍

Your stock servo will likely die for no apparent reason regardless of what voltage you run. It's just how 60% of RTR' servos are.

If it was me, I'd check the endpoints and drop the voltage to 6v. Get a quality spare servo in advance. 👍
I've killed 2 stock servos in my Kagama @Jeffwazz was saying it was my driving then the stock servo died on his punisher 😁😂🤣

I've killed 2 stock servos in my Kagama @Jeffwazz was saying it was my driving then the stock servo died on his punisher 😁😂🤣
PXL_20231228_154404072.jpg

PXL_20240205_114233906.jpg

I like these. Quiet. Accurate. Fast. Torquey. 🤩😎

Tomley RC said they make the Rav perfect pass servos. They seem quite pricey. I went to ecoboosts on my Arrmas and touch wood they have been good so far.

😂😂😂😂 I’m pretty sure that you can call it anything you want at this point Jeff!

You apparently extreme prejudiced it to death! 😂

(Just FYI, what the hell did you say to it anyway?)

😂😂😂😂 I’m pretty sure that you can call it anything you want at this point Jeff!

You apparently extreme prejudiced it to death! 😂

(Just FYI, what the hell did you say to it anyway?)
I stupidly said:-" The stock servo isn't too bad. Mine is lasting well".

Servo responded:- "ziiiiiing, crunch, ziiiiiiiiiiing, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee, scrunch".

Me:- "Bugger....."

Next time if anyone asks me about anything 🤐

I stupidly said:-" The stock servo isn't too bad. Mine is lasting well".

Servo responded:- "ziiiiiing, crunch, ziiiiiiiiiiing, eeeeeeeeeeeeeee, scrunch".

Me:- "Bugger....."

Next time if anyone asks me about anything 🤐
Kiss of death! 🤣🔨

Magic smoke.....💩

RTR servos aren't really servos - they're token gestures. They give a vague impression of what a servo does, but only for a very brief period of time. 🤣

I have also killed 2 stock servos in my Kronos within 12 months.
I was gonna go with a Perfect Pass but I was looking before they had the proper shop and the only way of getting them was to import from Amazon US.
Instead I decided to go with an AGF since I've seen people say that PP is basically rebranded versions of theirs.
I would say I've not had any problems with it so far but I've barely ran with it due to my whole host of other issues in it right now :(

I have also killed 2 stock servos in my Kronos within 12 months.
I was gonna go with a Perfect Pass but I was looking before they had the proper shop and the only way of getting them was to import from Amazon US.
Instead I decided to go with an AGF since I've seen people say that PP is basically rebranded versions of theirs.
I would say I've not had any problems with it so far but I've barely ran with it due to my whole host of other issues in it right now :(
Which model of AGF did you get?

Which model of AGF did you get?
I was gonna say it's the same as yours but actually looking closer at the numbers, I seem to have to gotten an earlier model perhaps?
A80BHMW v2 I believe. Yours is the 81 by the looks of it. Not really sure if they are that different.

I was gonna say it's the same as yours but actually looking closer at the numbers, I seem to have to gotten an earlier model perhaps?
A80BHMW v2 I believe. Yours is the 81 by the looks of it. Not really sure if they are that different.
Screenshot_20240226-084232.png

These are the specs for the 80BHMW.

Below are the specs for the 81BHMW:

Screenshot_20240226-084553.png

Please let us know how you get on with the 80BHMW in your 1/8th rig. 👍

Back