Kronos Kronos - Radix - Muraco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarmineB

Reaction score
Hey all,

Quick intro about myself:

Long time rc enthousiast but its bin 15 years now. Mainly drove 2wd comp buggies (Schumacher, Corally, Kyosho)
After being away for such a long time a lot have changed in the hobby. :p

Being older and more busy am not gonna ride comp anymore but am interested in a truggy style rc.

Got my eye on 3 (maybe 4) cars.

Gonna drive it in the backyard, small roads and sandy roads, ... Not gonna jump it 20 feet into the air or something. Just some street and forrest fun now and then.

So we have an action going now and the Radix 6s and the Muraco are both 399€. The kronos is 459€

My question is: is the Kronos worth the 60€ extra and go with the Kronos or choose 1 of the other 2.
(also the 4th car i was looking at is the Arrma Mojave 4s :) )

Thx already!!

Welcome to the forum, and back to the hobby. I've been in and out a few times myself over the last 35 of my 52 years.
I think all 3 are fine machines. The most notable difference in them would be the extra stibility offered by the wider and longer Kronos and Muraco. Aside from the tires and body, the Kronos and Muraco are identical. I suppose the buggy would be inherently faster due to lower weight, but also not as versatile due to the smaller tires, and narrow stance, and much shorter wheelbase.
My vote, Muraco. You can simply buy bigger tires, change the pinion, and have a Kronos in minutes if you were interested in changing things up.

I have both a Radix6 and a Muraco, and I don't jump either one of them. I run on pavement and on a combination of grass and dirt in my half-acre back yard. The Muraco is more stable at higher speeds due to the longer wheelbase. The stock Corally tires aren't all that great on either vehicle: I have Arrma Dboot Katar T tires on my Muraco, and I have Duratrax Six Packs on disk wheels on my Radix6. Both have more grip on all surfaces than the stock Corally tires.

Thx for the replies!

Yeah am still torn between 2 now, the kronos and the muraco. I just love the design of the kronos more :) :p

Also they are the 2022 versions of the cars. Does it mean that they come with the improved hubs and tower to tower brace?
I live in Belgium (Same country that Team Corally is from)

Thx

Thx for the replies!

Yeah am still torn between 2 now, the kronos and the muraco. I just love the design of the kronos more :) :p

Also they are the 2022 versions of the cars. Does it mean that they come with the improved hubs and tower to tower brace?

Thx
To my knowledge, no. At least not here in the US. The XTR version of the Kronos does, but that's a roller with no electrics. IMO, the TC 6s motor/esc combo is the best from any rtr brand, easily. IDK what a Kagama sells for in your region but, it is the best TC vehicle to date from what I've seen. I don't have it, but it would be my choice for sure, I'm talking about the rtr version. They offer it as a roller but IDK why anyone wouldn't want that esc/motor combo unless they were going to stuff an oversized motor in it. No need I don't think.

Thats a bummer, The shop said it was.... hmmm better believe you guys here. (Thats why it was called 2022 edition they said.)

And the rollers are 70-80euro more expensive atm. (without the elec.) The promo is only on Kronos, Radix and Muraco. And the Kagama rtr is 220€ more...

Its not that i don't want to give that money for it, but i also need 2 buy 2-3 batteries and a good charger for them. So it all adds up. And gave myself a budget to keep myself on for the first one in many years. :p

Had a talk with the wife and guess what.....

Its gonna be a Kagama. She told me if you buy something this big, better buy the best one. :p

Its a christmas present, but am gonna get it earlier and need to do a test run just in case.... (good excuse)
So hopefully i can post some pictures of her very soon.

Thx for the replies!

Thx
O here Belgium to, hi there.

Good choice on the Kagama !
Had I not just upgraded everything on my V1 Muraco I would be buying a Kagama... Might just buy the Kagama bits to fit mine, as I've already got upgraded chassis, shock towers, pin holders, HD blocks, spring steel, titanium shock pins etc etc etc etc

Hey all,

Quick intro about myself:

Long time rc enthousiast but its bin 15 years now. Mainly drove 2wd comp buggies (Schumacher, Corally, Kyosho)
After being away for such a long time a lot have changed in the hobby. :p

Being older and more busy am not gonna ride comp anymore but am interested in a truggy style rc.

Got my eye on 3 (maybe 4) cars.

Gonna drive it in the backyard, small roads and sandy roads, ... Not gonna jump it 20 feet into the air or something. Just some street and forrest fun now and then.

So we have an action going now and the Radix 6s and the Muraco are both 399€. The kronos is 459€

My question is: is the Kronos worth the 60€ extra and go with the Kronos or choose 1 of the other 2.
(also the 4th car i was looking at is the Arrma Mojave 4s :) )

Thx already!!
Welcome to the Forum!

These Corally rigs are awesome. I went with the Kronos XTR because:
IMG_20211126_090750.jpg

And:
PXL_20231124_155231882~2.jpg

General awesomeness.

The Corally Torox and Kuron 825 is a potent combo. Add your flavour of Servo, Rx and Transmitter and you're good to go....

IMG_20220509_221528.jpg

Can't go wrong really with any of these rigs, but like you, I really like truggies.

On 6S, these rigs are good for 64mph on 13t pinions. 😎 Bonkers.

Welcome to the Forum!

These Corally rigs are awesome. I went with the Kronos XTR because:
View attachment 4859
And:
View attachment 4860
General awesomeness.

The Corally Torox and Kuron 825 is a potent combo. Add your flavour of Servo, Rx and Transmitter and you're good to go....

View attachment 4862
Can't go wrong really with any of these rigs, but like you, I really like truggies.

On 6S, these rigs are good for 64mph on 13t pinions. 😎 Bonkers.
Yep! The TC combo of motor and esc is awesome. Which is also why I'd have to go rtr if I were doing it over again. The radio and servo are below average but cheap to replace. $70 will get you a Flysky, Dumbo or Radio link transmitter and DS3235 servo..done. Kagama rtr with any of those radios and DS3235 equals best rtr on the market I think. The new K6 EXB rtr does look threatening tho too.. there was a Tower Hobbies super saver club deal going on where folks were getting it preordered for $580!! That's killer, in which case, I'd have to pick the Arrma over the Kagama. Sorry.

Yep! The TC combo of motor and esc is awesome. Which is also why I'd have to go rtr if I were doing it over again. The radio and servo are below average but cheap to replace. $70 will get you a Flysky, Dumbo or Radio link transmitter and DS3235 servo..done. Kagama rtr with any of those radios and DS3235 equals best rtr on the market I think. The new K6 EXB rtr does look threatening tho too.. there was a Tower Hobbies super saver club deal going on where folks were getting it preordered for $580!! That's killer, in which case, I'd have to pick the Arrma over the Kagama. Sorry.
A deal is a deal. I was looking to buy an EXB when the XTR came up at £275. 🤩 Just couldn't say no - but look at it!! It's obviously worth several hundred pounds...🤣

A deal is a deal. I was looking to buy an EXB when the XTR came up at £275. 🤩 Just couldn't say no - but look at it!! It's obviously worth several hundred pounds...🤣
Agreed, I go where the deal takes me..regardless of brand. The new K6EXB at $580 is a no brainer IMO. $699? Eh, not so much. Here in the US, we can get a Kagama under $600 all in (tax/shipping included) pretty much anytime. In which case, Kagama wins for me.

Back