Kagama Kagama Suspension arms defective

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoboos

Reaction score
Hello!

I’m new to this forum but i'd like to share some om my finding on an issue I found on these cars. Me and a friend of mine bought a Kagama from Corally about a 6 weeks ago. I had a early breakage on the right rear arm om my car after not even bashing it.
We then checked my friend’s car for breakages if my car was just an one-off and found multiple cracks on ALL of the arms. These cracks LOOKS like they only are on the surface, but my rear arm that broke hade the breakage on the exact same place as some of the cracks on my friends rear arm. By further inspecting my car and its arms it showed the exact same cracks on all the other arms as well on my car. The funny thing is that the cracks is pretty much identical.

My rear arm, my friend's and the replacement arm:

To_corally_1.jpg
20240430_094619.jpg
20240514_231424.jpg

I took contact with Corally regarding this issue, and they sent me a complete new set of arms. All these arms also have the exact same cracks on them as well, so something is wrong. It’s proven that the cracks affect the durability since I haven’t really driven the car that hard.

Now the latest mail I got from Corally stated that the cracks I have seen in just “surface irregularities” and nothing that will affect the durability and have basically just brushed off their responsibilities of this issue.

Have some other owners seen these types of cracks?
I’m worried that other users have had breakages on these cars and just bought new parts while the parts from factory might have been defective from start.

Some of the cracks is shown by these pictures. It is litteraly on every single arm on all 3 sets of arms.
I have plenty of more pictures if you are intrested...

These 2 first here is significant cracks towards the front hub:

20240428_140822.jpg
20240514_231346.jpg

This last picture is hinge pin mounting of the front lower arm which also is cracked, similar to the rear arm.

20240514_231242.jpg

20240514_231436.jpg

Hello!

I’m new to this forum but i'd like to share some om my finding on an issue I found on these cars. Me and a friend of mine bought a Kagama from Corally about a 6 weeks ago. I had a early breakage on the right rear arm om my car after not even bashing it.
We then checked my friend’s car for breakages if my car was just an one-off and found multiple cracks on ALL of the arms. These cracks LOOKS like they only are on the surface, but my rear arm that broke hade the breakage on the exact same place as some of the cracks on my friends rear arm. By further inspecting my car and its arms it showed the exact same cracks on all the other arms as well on my car. The funny thing is that the cracks is pretty much identical.

View attachment 6136View attachment 6140View attachment 6137

I took contact with Corally regarding this issue, and they sent me a complete new set of arms. All these arms also have the exact same cracks on them as well, so something is wrong. It’s proven that the cracks affect the durability since I haven’t really driven the car that hard.

Now the latest mail I got from Corally stated that the cracks I have seen in just “surface irregularities” and nothing that will affect the durability and have basically just brushed off their responsibilities of this issue.

I’m worried that other users have had breakages on these cars and just bought new parts while the parts from factory might have been defective from start.

Some of the cracks is shown by these pictures. It is litteraly on every single arm on all 3 sets of arms.

View attachment 6141View attachment 6138

This last picture is hinge pin mounting of the front lower arm which also is cracked, similar to the rear arm.

View attachment 6143

View attachment 6139
These parts are clearly defective. One could argue the parts would seem to be more prone to failure along these random lines.

Corally - please answer our call here on the forums!

Yeah, it is the 3th thread about this issue
Yeah, we probably don't need a thread per part failure! 🤣

Just a thread about the issues. 👍

Sadly I think there will be many many more issues with arms.

Considering that replacements have been sent out with the same surface indications, it suggests that it's a fairly widespread problem in the supply chain, I can understand some of the frustrations of the thread posters.

Sadly I think there will be many many more issues with arms.

Considering that replacements have been sent out with the same surface indications, it suggests that it's a fairly widespread problem in the supply chain, I can understand some of the frustrations of the thread posters.
Totally agree. Hopefully i don't need arms soon. But i have a Asuga and i don't think the issue is with those arms. For now? 🤔🤔

Totally agree. Hopefully i don't need arms soon. But i have a Asuga and i don't think the issue is with those arms. For now? 🤔🤔
Considering the above shared link was initially posted under the Asuga prefix, I would say you're not immune with yours. However, it may be possible you have one from before the issue came about. I hope so for your sake.🤞
My brother just bought an Asuga less than a month ago. I haven't had an opportunity to take a close look at it, but he did break an upper front arm his first day out with it. We chalked it up to a bad hit.. now I'm really curious about that. His split right at the mold seam where it rides on the hinge pin. We ziptied it and carried on. Till the all too common servo failure occured that is.. all on day one mind you. We run a track, so really not that abusive all things considered. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, seems to be both the Asuga and the Kagama arms which are affected, with the same surface indications - weld lines.

Things is, a while back I bought a set of front arms (upper and lower) from a kit breaker, these were fine.
Today the rear set arrived (in-stock alert yesterday), and these are also free of surface indications.

I can't tell when these were actually made - no in-mould codes, but I'd guess that these are older production items, so there are some 'good ones' around, probably just luck as to what you get though🤷

I don’t know what have the most attention effect on Team Corally, more threads regarding the issue, or one larger thread?

So, since my car is rather new, I wanted to do an RMA regarding this issue since Corally don’t seem to be interested in fixing the issue or even accept that these cracks affect its durability of the parts. But Euro RC that I bought the car from says that the issue is fixed since I got "free replacement parts" and because of that I cannot go forth with the RMA process. Their option for me was to on my wallet send the car to Euro RC and then have it evaluated regarding damaged and have re remaining money as refund...But since the car is driven, and therefore worn and a bit scratched, I don’t know how much will be reduced..

Is this something that is right for them to do? or am I being silly?

I don’t know what have the most attention effect on Team Corally, more threads regarding the issue, or one larger thread?

So, since my car is rather new, I wanted to do an RMA regarding this issue since Corally don’t seem to be interested in fixing the issue or even accept that these cracks affect its durability of the parts. But Euro RC that I bought the car from says that the issue is fixed since I got "free replacement parts" and because of that I cannot go forth with the RMA process. Their option for me was to on my wallet send the car to Euro RC and then have it evaluated regarding damaged and have re remaining money as refund...But since the car is driven, and therefore worn and a bit scratched, I don’t know how much will be reduced..

Sounds "wrong" to me, I mean the solutions being offered to you. If your concern is with the plastic arms, or other plastic parts, I would still notify TC directly by either phone call or email regardless of what a hobby shop or distributor might tell you. Along with the shop where purchased and distributer. The bottom line is that we want to notify as many people associated with TC as we can about the problem. In the meantime, I would continue to use the model as I see fit, if it breaks and I have to buy parts to fix, I'd keep record of purchased parts for consideration..
If these "cracks" are superficial as TC seems to have indicated, then there's nothing to worry about. If they are more serious, and we have proof of defect, I would surely believe they will stand behind their products by reimbursement or replacement of said parts.

Personally I find that new threads for the same thing, over & over again, to be something I would fully expect to be moderated/merged on the majority of forums.

The cracks - where present - quite evidently effect durability - that's why the cracks are opening around where the pivot balls thread into the arms. Obviously not good.

Regards warranty - It's complicated. Within 30 days, if you do not accept the goods, you are entitled to a refund. Within 14 days if you ordered online or via mail order - even if you just change your mind.

If you use the goods and the goods fail or you believe that they're not fit for purpose - after 30 days, then you are entitled to either a refund or a replacement at the discretion of the retailer. You need to be prepared to afford the retailer 'a reasonable' amount of time to look at your return, assess the issue, and then either make good or replace. If they fail to repair it, then you are entitled to a refund.

Retailers must "repair or replace an item if a customer returns it within 6 months - unless you can prove it was not faulty when they bought it".

I might add it's very difficult to prove a negative. 🤣

Your contract is with the retailer - it doesn't really matter what Corally 'think' from your perspective. What Corally 'thinks' is really between the retailer and them. This doesn't change your consumer rights and the contract that exists between you and Euro RC.

This means that whilst your entitlement to a refund may no longer apply, depending on how long you've owned and used the goods, you may still be within your consumer rights to expect the faulty parts to be made good - as a minimum expectation.

Last edited:
Sounds "wrong" to me, I mean the solutions being offered to you. If your concern is with the plastic arms, or other plastic parts, I would still notify TC directly by either phone call or email regardless of what a hobby shop or distributor might tell you. Along with the shop where purchased and distributer. The bottom line is that we want to notify as many people associated with TC as we can about the problem. In the meantime, I would continue to use the model as I see fit, if it breaks and I have to buy parts to fix, I'd keep record of purchased parts for consideration..
If these "cracks" are superficial as TC seems to have indicated, then there's nothing to worry about. If they are more serious, and we have proof of defect, I would surely believe they will stand behind their products by reimbursement or replacement of said parts.
Contact TC directly is the way to go. They probably adresssing the issue as we speak. There Customer support is really good. And i speak from experience.

@phoboos - how long have you had the rig for and do you have a receipt? What's the date on the receipt?

Contact TC directly is the way to go. They probably adresssing the issue as we speak. There Customer support is really good. And i speak from experience.
Buyers have no legally binding recourse to go direct to the manufacturer. Any remedial action taken by Corally is purely as an act of goodwill, rather than being compelled or required to do so. 👍

There's no harm in asking, but if the OP bought this through a retailer, there are laws which obligated/compel the seller to resolve the issues for the buyer.

The OP should exercise their rights, the ones which exist in the contract that began the moment the goods were sold to them by Euro RC.

Whilst there may be examples of the manufacturer dealing with such matters directly with 'end users' - there are no laws which compel them to do so. 👍

Last edited:
1000019869.png

Sometimes, retailers cease trading and you don't have the option to return to them to sort things out. If the manufacturer's warranty is still valid, then you can attempt to make contact with the manufacturer to make good the warranty.

Otherwise, you first point of contact should be the retailer. Followed by the card company if you paid by credit card. It affords another layer of consumer protection. 👍

I won't argue with whom is responsible to remedy warranty or refunds, sounds like @Horatio has spelled that out quite clearly.

However, I just wanted to say that I have dealt with TC directly, and also been diverted to the retailer where purchased by TC on another occasion.. the first interaction I had with TC was regarding drive cup wear. They could have easily buried my concerns in a pile of he said, she said, but they did not. They put me in touch with their US distributer (HRP) who sent me out upgrade replacements FOC. This was more than 6 months into my ownership, so I'm thankful that TC and HRP handled it the way they did. Also, there were indeed many folks here and around the internet experiencing basically the same issues..
The second interatction I had with TC support was ironically directly related to the first. See, HRP (and TC) agreed to warranty both the input and the output cups of my Kronos XTR differentials, however, the input cups were backordered through HRP. So I decided to purchase them from RC Hobby Explosion because they had them in stock. Well, after receiving the spring steel diff input cups from RCHE, which were sold as upgrades for TC vehicles by TC at the time, one of the input cups was defective. There were no threads machined into the cup for the grub screw to secure it to the pinion shaft on one of the two cups.. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes: so, I bought them instead of waiting, but still ended up waiting AND go through the warranty inquiry all over again, LOL.

Also, FWIW, those spring steel cups are waay hard!! I tried to tap threads into that input cup.. ain't happening!! Snapped a high quality tap trying.. strike 3!!😂

Hello!

View attachment 6136View attachment 6140View attachment 6137

View attachment 6141View attachment 6138

View attachment 6143

View attachment 6139
Yep sure did

20240520_154610.jpg

Back