Kagama Shock Breakages / Replacement Other Brands ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one! Yeah - happy weekend everyone. Cheers for checking the shock shaft diameter - good to know.

I see these on eBay all the time.

View attachment 5663
View attachment 5664
View attachment 5665
£50 for a set of 4 (2x120mm & 2x145mm). Shock shaft diameter is 5mm. Anybody have any idea if these are any good? 🤔

They certainly look decent enough.
I have these on my restored savage, I'm sure they probably come out of the same factory as the ones you showed, can't speak for how they perform or hold up as they're on a shelf queen but the fit and finish is very good and they feel real good but that doesn't mean they're built from quality alloys so it's anyone's guess

Screenshot_20240316-083845.png

I have these on my restored savage, I'm sure they probably come out of the same factory as the ones you showed, can't speak for how they perform or hold up as they're on a shelf queen but the fit and finish is very good and they feel real good but that doesn't mean they're built from quality alloys so it's anyone's guess

View attachment 5666
They look really nice to be fair. 👍. I've had no issues with my Kronos shocks, but when I break them, I'll most likely upgrade them.

I really like the IRC big bores - but they're mahoosive. 😅

Nice one! Yeah - happy weekend everyone. Cheers for checking the shock shaft diameter - good to know.

I see these on eBay all the time.

View attachment 5663
View attachment 5664
View attachment 5665
£50 for a set of 4 (2x120mm & 2x145mm). Shock shaft diameter is 5mm. Anybody have any idea if these are any good? 🤔

They certainly look decent enough.

Those look nice and beefy. My reservation with some the Ebay shocks is that they tend to have pretty big tolerances in their components. Wobbly shafts, undersized pistons, etc. I bought a set for my 4tec, and it was a nightmare. I picked up a 4x4 Rustler and the owner put on a set of Ebay shocks on it as well. Also a disaster. :(

Those look nice and beefy. My reservation with some the Ebay shocks is that they tend to have pretty big tolerances in their components. Wobbly shafts, undersized pistons, etc. I bought a set for my 4tec, and it was a nightmare. I picked up a 4x4 Rustler and the owner put on a set of Ebay shocks on it as well. Also a disaster. :(
Agreed. I’ve had good luck with some of the crawler shocks on eBay but with heavier duty and larger scale vehicles I’ve had more trouble than they have been worth.

Aye. My 4tec handled like a pogo stick in the turns. The rustler was acting like a full on slosher at the club; dropping it's a** to the floor like it was a fashion statement. No bueno.

My concerns as well, then there's parts.. are they available, or compatible with anything else? For shocks, I usually look for new takeoffs from kit breakers. Brand name counts here for me, I know Arrma, TC, Losi will be around for a while, as such, I know parts will be available for the foreseeable future..
FWIW, Jenny's has some fine shocks available, HB, Tekno, Mugen..they're not cheap, but those companies are known for their high quality shocks.. currently I'm eyeing a couple different shocks from Arrma and TC at Jenny's for my Redcat Kaiju. The Kaiju shocks did go 3 years, but I'm not interested in buying more of them. I'd rather buy something I feel is better in quality.

Back