Python JvG's Python first breakage (diff)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JvG

AliExpress Diamond Member 💎
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Python
After disassembly and refilling of the rear diff i screwed it back together and heard a loud snap....ohoh

The diff pine broke but i wasn't really overtightening it. Had my share of diff rebuilds but still breaking my head over what happenend....?

IMG_2939.JPG

Oh no!

The only thing I can think of is the cross section where the two pins come together wasn’t fully seated when you went to torque everything down and may have put some pressure on it.. but DANG! Never seen a pin break like that before… (from my experience the Corally diffs are beefier internally than the arrma’s that I’ve done so many times…

Oh no!

The only thing I can think of is the cross section where the two pins come together wasn’t fully seated when you went to torque everything down and may have put some pressure on it.. but DANG! Never seen a pin break like that before… (from my experience the Corally diffs are beefier internally than the arrma’s that I’ve done so many times…
Yeah i can't think of anything else too, had the same thought about the Arrma diffs ;) thanks.
I'll order some new ones and fix it but no driving it today :(

Bigger more important question.!!
Were the diffs filled correctly or just splash and dash like like an Arrma ???🤔

Also what oil are you putting in them weight wise ?? I’m curious because I have to do mine soon..👍🏼

Bigger more important question.!!
Were the diffs filled correctly or just splash and dash like like an Arrma ???🤔

Also what oil are you putting in them weight wise ?? I’m curious because I have to do mine soon..👍🏼
Yes they were filled properly and shimmed correctly, a big thumbs up for Corally. I’m going 30/100/20, that’s what i have and like in the Typhon on 6s. Let’s see how that works out…

The way that shaft broke, they look to be extremely hard for wear resistance. Steel that hard (and brittle) wouldn't take much force to break at the notches if not seated right when the screws were tightened. Those notches look to have a quite squared profile, without radiused corners. That creats stress risers. Not a problem when the diff is assembled.....

Back