Asuga Just picked this up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronass

Reaction score
I was bored so I looked on offer up and got this for $200. Brand new roller

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6412.jpeg

Figured I’d share

is the toe supposed to b out. It’s like the 2 front tires don’t like each other. Lol

IMG_6415.jpeg

Front toe-out and rear toe-in is normal.
Difficult to tell from the photo, but a couple of degrees of toe helps with stability.

Toe in on the rear helps with stability powering out of corners. The rear should always be between 0° - 3° toe in. Never toe out.

Front can have up to 2° toe out (for more turn in) to 2° toe in (less turn in, more stability).

Last edited:
Yes it’s toe out in front. Never seen it like that on cars before. Thanks guys

The front wheels r by the battery. Toe out is crazy. Lol

Welcome to the ASUGA Green club :)

My toe in and toes out is all over the place on back and front.

Yes it’s toe out in front. Never seen it like that on cars before. Thanks guys

The front wheels r by the battery. Toe out is crazy. Lol
4wd cars usually have toe out at the front. 2wd cars usually have a little toe in. 👍

It should only be a couple of degrees though - too much and it scrubs your tyres and can cause issues, decrease efficiency and reduce top speed. Well worth the effort measuring it.

Ditto for camber. 1-3° negative camber (wheels leaning in) can be quite beneficial. Mine came out of the box with one of the front wheels with positive camber! 😬 Required fettling to get it right.

IMG_20230622_162755.jpg

The only way I could achieve this was to remove the washer from the top pillow balls.

IMG_20230621_195352.jpg

Slop develops on the upper arms quite quickly, so I shimmed mine on the XTR. Really improves tracking, especially on speed runs on tarmac/asphalt, but also helps maintain overall geometry consistency, including caster.

Thank for that info. Didn’t know that. Now I have a problem with my esc. It turns on and goes thru the lipo sequence but instead of 4 beeps (hence using 4s) it’s doing 6 beeps in green then goes right to red beeps. Any ideas. Also if I try to recalibrate it it will not let me. It literally worked before I put into this car. Maybe the switch went bad? Dunno I need help

Thank for that info. Didn’t know that. Now I have a problem with my esc. It turns on and goes thru the lipo sequence but instead of 4 beeps (hence using 4s) it’s doing 6 beeps in green then goes right to red beeps. Any ideas. Also if I try to recalibrate it it will not let me. It literally worked before I put into this car. Maybe the switch went bad? Dunno I need help
I'd suggest resetting the ESC and try re-calibrating it. See attached. Not sure why it's behaving like that - perhaps it's cooked. 🫤

Attachments

• C-54011_TOROX 185_manual_EN (1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
lol. It’s damn near brand new. lol. I can’t reset it. Won’t let me. It’s definitely weird.

lol. It’s damn near brand new. lol. I can’t reset it. Won’t let me. It’s definitely weird.
Is the esc set for 6s? Not sure if this is what would happen or not, might be a case your esc sees everything as 6s and then with a 4s plugged in it just instantly goes to lvc? Makes sense in my head but whether that's how they actually work is beyond me as I always have mine set to auto calculate

No it was always on auto. I never select a cell count. I even tried to plug in a 6s and still did same thing. I don’t know. But it’s killing me. Guess it’s time for a max8.
Is the esc set for 6s? Not sure if this is what would happen or not, might be a case your esc sees everything as 6s and then with a 4s plugged in it just instantly goes to lvc? Makes sense in my head but whether that's how they actually work is beyond me as I always have mine set to auto calculate

It’s a funny story as I thought I was getting a killer deal until I met up the gentlemen and soon realized it was a roller. Ugh. My own fault. I didn’t read the box. Was excited by the price. He wanted 250 but I got it for 200 cause like I said I thought it was a full rtr

That is very nice. I like the look of these cars a lot.
Me too! I swore I would never buy a team corally car again after the Kronos fail but really like these. Just can’t wait to drive it. POS esc isn’t working. Mayb got 6 packs thru it then let it sit for a few months and pow. Doesn’t work. Lmao 🤷‍♂️

Back