I New dirt tires and wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some use the Arrma Mojave 4s ones. I really like the Proline Hyrax for Traxxas UDR. It requires buying both wheels and tires and a Dremel to remove the Traxxas slots in the wheels, making the 5mm hole a 8mm hole for the Corally CVD to fit through and glueing the tires. May sound like a lot, but definitely worth it IMO. Way better than the (too soft) stock tires. Very good grip and they seem to last forever in the dirt.
 
Some use the Arrma Mojave 4s ones. I really like the Proline Hyrax for Traxxas UDR. It requires buying both wheels and tires and a Dremel to remove the Traxxas slots in the wheels, making the 5mm hole a 8mm hole for the Corally CVD to fit through and glueing the tires. May sound like a lot, but definitely worth it IMO. Way better than the (too soft) stock tires. Very good grip and they seem to last forever in the dirt.
What’s the dimensions on the Shiroi stock tires? Thinking they’re close to Mojo/UDR?
I’m still searching for the right tires for clay (mini pin type) for both the Mojo and UDR.
I imagine the Hyrax would work better as they’re probably a nice soft compound but the tread just doesn’t fit for hard clay. Plus the work/expense.
I’m running the PL Mirage TT on the Mojo 6s atm, keep swapping back and forth with the UDR between Fortress 6s and truggy race tires, which requires +10mm adapters due to zero offset truggy wheels.
The truggy (AKA I-Beam) get too much traction, tearing up drivetrain parts as well as much traction rolling. Fortress are similar to stock with what I think is slightly better grip. Neither has really impressed me on the UDR though.
The Mirage TT are quite good on the Mojo for me.
I’m still lokng for that unicorn.. 5.25-5.5” tall by 2-2.5” wide minipin..
 
Back
Top