How is Corally QC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the idea of more power(of course) but am worried of having diff issues with added power? I find it interesting that the Spektrum 8s motor is so popular, yet their 6s motors not so much? Also, on paper, the Vilenion and Spektrum 8s should perform very similarly as they are virtually identical, but apparently they don't.
Yes it’s really a difference, Maxi is more alive now. And the diffs can handle way more power like the big block 800kV so i’m not worried. Running 19/50 with a Max6, perfect combo 😉

Yes it’s really a difference, Maxi is more alive now. And the diffs can handle way more power like the big block 800kV so i’m not worried. Running 19/50 with a Max6, perfect combo 😉
Good to know👍 Thanks! I've been searching motor options for when the time comes as I know it will. Admittedly, I'm not looking to go crazy, and I'd like to keep the esc down low in stock position. HW max6/4985 combo would work but 1650kv is a little too high rpm I think. Would require a small pinion which would wear quickly.
Rocket 4585 1100kv is tempting at $85. Might not provide much more power (if any) over stock. The rocket is rated at 3600watts vs HW 4985 at 5700 so..maybe the Spectrum 1250 w/max6 esc?
Do they sell mod1 gears for 8mm shaft?

Good to know👍 Thanks! I've been searching motor options for when the time comes as I know it will. Admittedly, I'm not looking to go crazy, and I'd like to keep the esc down low in stock position. HW max6/4985 combo would work but 1650kv is a little too high rpm I think. Would require a small pinion which would wear quickly.
Rocket 4585 1100kv is tempting at $85. Might not provide much more power (if any) over stock. The rocket is rated at 3600watts vs HW 4985 at 5700 so..maybe the Spectrum 1250 w/max6 esc?
Do they sell mod1 gears for 8mm shaft?
Never mind, they do.. that's what Arrma 8s uses.

I think we can all agree Traxxas electrics aren’t the best, i sold the combo and steering servo straight away from my TRX4 kit, replaced them with a Holmes Hobbies motor, servo and a Castle Copperhead ESC 👍

I think we can all agree Traxxas electrics aren’t the best, i sold the combo and steering servo straight away from my TRX4 kit, replaced them with a Holmes Hobbies motor, servo and a Castle Copperhead ESC 👍
My brother would argue with us all day about how great TRX motors and esc's are..he's an idiot tho🤣 But, he's family so I gotta love him😁

For a RTR the electrics are passable, but most of us are far from RTR performance kind of guys 😂
Indeed, ima slow poke, sorta.. I just don't have the room for more than 40-50mph. I can appreciate higher speeds, just that it would require me to leave home to bash..maybe one day I'll break outta my shell? Oh wait, I'm already 50, so, nevermind🤣

Man this topic went off track... 🤕
I'm gonna pull apart the front and rear diff on the Sketer this weekend. I think the assembly QC is pretty good but would have liked to see silicone in the center diff. I suspect the front and rear have grease in them as well. Shocks were all topped off, all stressed fasteners had loctite.
Battery straps suck IMO, and good luck removing your wheels...
Other than that I can't fault Team Corally, it's a damned solid build.

I built a TRX4 kit over Xmas and tbh its as good as any other cralwer/scaler I’ve ever built, be interesting to hear what you think was wrong with it 👍

The diffs on Radix were a bit low on oil and the shock caps were loose, but I was happy to see them didn’t go as crazy with the threadlock like on the Kronos V1 I had
Sorry for the delay in responding I just saw your post, also don't take anything I say as a personal attack I have issues with Traxxis and my hostility is directed at that company not you.
Well the whole thing just feels cheap TBH. The 2 diff lock servos are so weak I was surprised that they even moved the locks at all and I seriously would doubt the longevity. . They could have given more clearance to the rig being a rock crawler and all but that would have cost $.03 more of plastic, Besides the lift kit is only like $140. They could have given the wheels a little more beef and a bit more supple, it would help in crawling up a rock instead of just bouncing off, also the bumper, make sure its back all the way and turn down you turning radius because if its between having a bumper to stop you from crawling up a rock or steering surely its the steering to sacrifice. I know I have more gripes but its been about 4 months since I have off loaded them so I can't remember. It took me 4 runs to decide to sell. If you like it that's all that matters, it wasn't for me. Personally I think the pre HH Axial ax10 kit and even the new ryft was a way better build with better quality parts.

Can’t fault mine, the little shift servos have worked absolutely fine for me, it was a kit build so i ditched the stock wheels and esc/motor/servo straightaway, I definitely agree on the bumpers, they were made for looks more than performance 👍

Glad you like it man! I kept everything stock so I could see how it was after the build and I was far from impressed.

Back