How is Corally QC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
How were the stock diffs? Correct amount of fluid? Any loose screws, etc.

How were the stock diffs? Correct amount of fluid? Any loose screws, etc.
From what i've seen so far it's mixed.
My Python diffs were al shimmed, properly built and fully filled with oil. @BashingBrian 's centerdiff was loose.
All screws are tight and blue loctite on the right places. On the other hand somebody threw a blob of grease on the pinion and spur, not a fan of that.
And 1 motor mount screw didn't fit the mount.

I don't recall any issues with my 21 xtr. Admittedly, I did not do a teardown, just a once over for loose hardware, which I didn't find any.
For the record, I haven't had any problems with my Arrmas either..TRX? Different story, glitching steering servo, shock o rings leaking out the box.. I do enjoy the X, but TRX turns my stomach 🤮 greedy they are.

Haven't done anymore to it, weather has been kind to me so I've been painting..
(started the day with a small shopping spree at Corally.com again 😉)
Whaha me too! Yesterday i placed an order and this morning the steering block voucher arrived (thanks again (y)).
But i was just to late to add it to the order from yesterday, it was already shipped.

Since i do have to pay for shipping i might as well order more upgrades :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't recall any issues with my 21 xtr. Admittedly, I did not do a teardown, just a once over for loose hardware, which I didn't find any.
For the record, I haven't had any problems with my Arrmas either..TRX? Different story, glitching steering servo, shock o rings leaking out the box.. I do enjoy the X, but TRX turns my stomach 🤮 greedy they are.
Built 2 trx4's and I will say everything about that rig is sub par at best.

Built 2 trx4's and I will say everything about that rig is sub par at best.
So true, they(TRX) use the bare minimum of everything IMO. Only thing they don't skimp on is plastering their logo all over everything🤮
I've actually stripped every Traxxas decal off my X. I don't get paid to advertise, and not a fanboy so. Other brands of rc's I typically leave the stickers alone, not TRX tho.😎

I built a TRX4 kit over Xmas and tbh its as good as any other cralwer/scaler I’ve ever built, be interesting to hear what you think was wrong with it 👍

The diffs on Radix were a bit low on oil and the shock caps were loose, but I was happy to see them didn’t go as crazy with the threadlock like on the Kronos V1 I had

I built a TRX4 kit over Xmas and tbh its as good as any other cralwer/scaler I’ve ever built, be interesting to hear what you think was wrong with it 👍

The diffs on Radix were a bit low on oil and the shock caps were loose, but I was happy to see them didn’t go as crazy with the threadlock like on the Kronos V1 I had
I’ve had couple TRXs, and now an Enduro I built from scratch. Like the build quality better, although portals would be nice.

I built a Enduro builders kit last summer and tbh the quailty was on par to me, the new generation Axial is a cut above tho

I can't speak of the crawler, but for me, with regards to the X. The steering servo(plastic geared), plastic motor mounts, plastic end bells on the motor.. then there's the cheesy plastic hub hexes. Tire foams are known to disintegrate and for some reason TRX wheels and tires in general seem to always come unglued no matter what I do with them. Ok, rant over(for me)🤣

My X-Maxx is great (for me). It doesn’t have any trx electronics though…the hardware is great stuff 👍 and no i don’t like their agressive business style so i bought a roller and added my own stuff. Part support is excellent and cheap.

Last edited:
My X-Maxx is great (for me). It doesn’t have any trx electronics tough…the hardware is great stuff 👍 and no i don’t like their agressive business style so i bought a roller and added my own stuff. Part support is excellent and cheap.
Fair enough, it is mainly the electronics that's the biggest let down for me. What do you mean by parts support? Availability? They do have that covered for sure.

By the way, I did choose the X over an Arrma because I really do like the way it drives, a true monster truck IMO 👍

Fair enough, it is mainly the electronics that's the biggest let down for me. What do you mean by parts support? Availability? They do have that covered for sure.

By the way, I did choose the X over an Arrma because I really do like the way it drives, a true monster truck IMO 👍
Yes availability. I’ve got the Spektrum 1250kV motor in it recently with an alu mount. That motor really has more power than the stock one 💪

Yes availability. I’ve got the Spektrum 1250kV motor in it recently with an alu mount. That motor really has more power than the stock one 💪
I do like the idea of more power(of course) but am worried of having diff issues with added power? I find it interesting that the Spektrum 8s motor is so popular, yet their 6s motors not so much? Also, on paper, the Vilenion and Spektrum 8s should perform very similarly as they are virtually identical, but apparently they don't.

Back