Asuga Horatio's Sworkz S35 T2E Pro Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000013967.jpg

So, electronics and motor choices......

Well, for the ESC and Motor we're going to go all out with a crazy 1515 2200kv sensored V2 Castle Cremations with Monster Mamba X speed control. Quite a difficult combo to find in the UK. I'm assuming it's because they keep spontaneously combusting or something.

Down the line, this motor might find it's way into the Kronos XTR for speed runs, but for now, we'll try it in the T2E for smoothness and performance on 4S. I may even do some racing with it, as there's talk some local(ish) old-school racers are thinking of running an E-truggy class. 😁

Then of course, there's the full bonkers option, running it on the Onyx 6S packs I already have - purely for entertainment and large repair bills.

Receiver - Frsky 4 channel FASST - so I can use it with my 3VCS.

Servo - either a Protek 170 SBL (as per the Xray XT8) or a AGF 81BMHW (as per the Kronos XTR).

Last edited:
Man, it looks awesome!! Great work brother.
What about a nice TC sensored combo? Revoc 160 w/Dynotorq 815? Fairly rare over here in the states but, TC makes some great electronics.

Man, it looks awesome!! Great work brother.
What about a nice TC sensored combo? Revoc 160 w/Dynotorq 815? Fairly rare over here in the states but, TC makes some great electronics.
Cheers buddy! I'm glad you like it. I've been doing a little work to it here and there, rather than just finishing it in an evening.

It really is an outstanding kit.

I'll check out the TC sensored combos. They certainly make nice stuff. 😎

Oof. Just found out my order for the Mamba Monster X 1515 V2 8A BEC system is 'special order' read: back order. This wasn't clear on the web page and optimistically, this is a 14 day waiting period just for it to get in from across the pond.

So, no joy until well into the new year.

Ouch. Never tried any Castle stuff. Too pricey for me. I'm convinced it wouldn't matter for my use. Data logging and analyzing sounds like homework, never cared for that either. LOL

Ouch. Never tried any Castle stuff. Too pricey for me. I'm convinced it wouldn't matter for my use. Data logging and analyzing sounds like homework, never cared for that either. LOL
I Wanted something that was sensored for this rig, but that could also run 4S - 6S.

The 1515 motor is very good by all accounts and the V2 is hopefully even more refined - it should run cooler.

Data logging might come in handy if/when I start speed running the rig. I understand the 1515 should be good for over 100mph. Guess we'll find out! 🤞

I Wanted something that was sensored for this rig, but that could also run 4S - 6S.

The 1515 motor is very good by all accounts and the V2 is hopefully even more refined - it should run cooler.

Data logging might come in handy if/when I start speed running the rig. I understand the 1515 should be good for over 100mph. Guess we'll find out! 🤞
I didn't mean to suggest Castle isn't good, their reputation is highly regarded no doubt. A Castle system on 6s in that race level rig should be ballistic indeed!! You might have to make sure your pilots license is up to date?!😎

I didn't mean to suggest Castle isn't good, their reputation is highly regarded no doubt. A Castle system on 6s in that race level rig should be ballistic indeed!! You might have to make sure your pilots license is up to date?!😎
It's a bit pricey and I'm disappointed that it's going to take ages to get here. The retailer was a bit naughty - it wasn't listed as special order or forward order. Not that it really matters all that much - I'm not in a rush! But still. 🫤

I hope that the system can be used to lay down some impressive 0-60 times as well. Looking through the data using the Castle link might assist.

Used in conjunction with my own gearing, rollout, speed calculator - it could be interesting. I'd like to convert the spreadsheet into an app - it's much better than what's currently on the play store.

The castle system might find itself in the Kronos as well if it drives nice. 😝 Sensored motors are more sensitive to bashing and chassis slap etc, but that's not really what I do. Jumping, yes. But not jumping to the moon.

Yeah, that stinks about special order.. in stock at many retailers here for around $300. 2200kv on 6s is really up there in rpms, but for a lighweght rig no worries. Might get a bit warm in the Kronos? Nothing some good fans shouldn't be able to handle though.
I've been tinkering with my new K8S. Weather has been disagreeable here lately though. Had bought a set of Zeee 7.2a 120c batts to use in it. Fell flat on their faces at full throttle..lvc after like 2 blasts of full throttle. Boo!! Sent em back for a refund. Funny, they were fine in the Xmaxx, ran several cycles, ir's were "okay"..one run in the K8S, done. Ir's went off the rails..

Sucks you gotta wait but that wait will be worth it! Only negative I can say about castle is once you own one it's hard to want anything else, oh and the power switch, that thing is garbage lol

Yeah, that stinks about special order.. in stock at many retailers here for around $300. 2200kv on 6s is really up there in rpms, but for a lighweght rig no worries. Might get a bit warm in the Kronos? Nothing some good fans shouldn't be able to handle though.
I've been tinkering with my new K8S. Weather has been disagreeable here lately though. Had bought a set of Zeee 7.2a 120c batts to use in it. Fell flat on their faces at full throttle..lvc after like 2 blasts of full throttle. Boo!! Sent em back for a refund. Funny, they were fine in the Xmaxx, ran several cycles, ir's were "okay"..one run in the K8S, done. Ir's went off the rails..
Thanks for the heads-up. Good, encouraging advice. I think it's a good idea to run fans, given my past performance! 😝

Shame about the Zeee batteries. How cold is it with you? Has the cold finished them off?

I noticed my 6S packs are definitely softer running them at 0°C. I'm not sure I'm doing them any good, so I might wait til it's milder. Problem then is - milder weather this time of year usually comes with horizontal rain 🌧️🤣

Show us some pictures of your K8S - it sounds awesome!! 😎👍

Sucks you gotta wait but that wait will be worth it! Only negative I can say about castle is once you own one it's hard to want anything else, oh and the power switch, that thing is garbage lol
Thanks for the advice on the switch. What do you recommend? Is the switch waterproof? I don't want crappy switches - I never used to use them on my 1/8th nitro buggies - I just used a deans on the RX pack. Less chance of failure in the arduous mains!
MBX4RR Airtime.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up. Good, encouraging advice. I think it's a good idea to run fans, given my past performance! 😝

Shame about the Zeee batteries. How cold is it with you? Has the cold finished them off?

I noticed my 6S packs are definitely softer running them at 0°C. I'm not sure I'm doing them any good, so I might wait til it's milder. Problem then is - milder weather this time of year usually comes with horizontal rain 🌧️🤣

Show us some pictures of your K8S - it sounds awesome!! 😎👍
Wasn't that cold yet tbh, maybe 50's F. Definitely not cold enough to bother lipos. I've run and stored batteries in the cold and snow for years, no doubt it effects them but, this wasn't likely the culprit. My brother and I were running our 8s Arrma's together for the first time. He has the O8S exb roller, max6/1100. Mine is the v1 K8S which I upgraded the motor in with the Firma 1100kv. For reference, we both have Spektrum 4s 5a 100c batteries that have no trouble maintaining voltage till LVC. Which happens pretty quickly BTW, LOL. I've been satisfied by Zeee's in the past, but these couldn't maintain voltage under load. Either defective or mislabeled, not sure. Ordered a set of CNHL G+ 6a batteries to try. They seem better spec'd from what I've seen and read..here she is..also my "X-Mike"😁

20231124_144624.jpg

20231124_144645.jpg

20231222_092158.jpg

Wasn't that cold yet tbh, maybe 50's F. Definitely not cold enough to bother lipos. I've run and stored batteries in the cold and snow for years, no doubt it effects them but, this wasn't likely the culprit. My brother and I were running our 8s Arrma's together for the first time. He has the O8S exb roller, max6/1100. Mine is the v1 K8S which I upgraded the motor in with the Firma 1100kv. For reference, we both have Spektrum 4s 5a 100c batteries that have no trouble maintaining voltage till LVC. Which happens pretty quickly BTW, LOL. I've been satisfied by Zeee's in the past, but these couldn't maintain voltage under load. Either defective or mislabeled, not sure. Ordered a set of CNHL G+ 6a batteries to try. They seem better spec'd from what I've seen and read..here she is..also my "X-Mike"😁

View attachment 5034

View attachment 5035

View attachment 5036
They're awesome looking rigs - both of them. Yes, even the Xmaxx. I love the stance of the Xmaxx, too.

Your K8S was an absolute bargain. What a machine! It has to be a fair bit heavier than the Xmaxx, right?

It's a shame about your batteries. Very odd. Lipos are far from cheap, so it's disappointing when they crap out like that. Especially with that spec.🫤🤔

Have you checked the internal resistance of the problem packs?

They're awesome looking rigs - both of them. Yes, even the Xmaxx. I love the stance of the Xmaxx, too.

Your K8S was an absolute bargain. What a machine! It has to be a fair bit heavier than the Xmaxx, right?

It's a shame about your batteries. Very odd. Lipos are far from cheap, so it's disappointing when they crap out like that. Especially with that spec.🫤🤔

Have you checked the internal resistance of the problem packs?
Yeah, I mean the Zeee's were relatively cheap at $100 for the pair. Well cheap for the specs anyway. Like I said, fine in the Xmaxx for several cycles. That was on my track though, which is small so not much full throttle load on the batteries. They seemed okay in the K8S while running solo, though I felt it was lacking power. Once my brother showed up, we started drag racing up and down my driveway. That's when the Zeee's gave up..once I put the Spektrum's in, night and day difference.
Thanks!! It is a sweet rig, both honestly, very different from one another for sure. Glad to have both. I'm finding out what makes the exb line more desirable though. Sway bars, bumper and motor plate. Just to name a few.. Adds up quick to buy those items. To switch from the stock 4985 sized motor to the 5687 required me to buy the motor plate which is $40.
So, as to the Zeee batteries, the ir was under 10ohms per cell until I over taxed them in the K8S. Check out these ir readings!

20231204_071413.jpg

20231204_071421.jpg

Yeah, I mean the Zeee's were relatively cheap at $100 for the pair. Well cheap for the specs anyway. Like I said, fine in the Xmaxx for several cycles. That was on my track though, which is small so not much full throttle load on the batteries. They seemed okay in the K8S while running solo, though I felt it was lacking power. Once my brother showed up, we started drag racing up and down my driveway. That's when the Zeee's gave up..once I put the Spektrum's in, night and day difference.
Thanks!! It is a sweet rig, both honestly, very different from one another for sure. Glad to have both. I'm finding out what makes the exb line more desirable though. Sway bars, bumper and motor plate. Just to name a few.. Adds up quick to buy those items. To switch from the stock 4985 sized motor to the 5687 required me to buy the motor plate which is $40.
So, as to the Zeee batteries, the ir was under 10ohms per cell until I over taxed them in the K8S. Check out these ir readings!

View attachment 5037

View attachment 5038
Those cells are toast on a pack that size - the IR should be much lower than that. 🫤 Wow. I'm surprised they're not puffing.

Are they still under any sort of warranty?

You'll add those extras as you deem necessary, I'm certain. 😝

Both wicked rigs.

Those cells are toast on a pack that size - the IR should be much lower than that. 🫤 Wow. I'm surprised they're not puffing.

Are they still under any sort of warranty?

You'll add those extras as you deem necessary, I'm certain. 😝

Both wicked rigs.
No puffing that I could see. They were hard case though, so possible. I bought through ebay, 30 day no questions return, shipping included. I already got the refund. I did have multiple messages with Zeee through ebay, they didn't seem to know or care about the ir readings.. so, I just returned them. Price went from $105 OBO to $150 for the pair! Boy, I sure hope they don't resell the ones I sent back! A fire waiting to happen..

I've been running a pair of Socokin 4s 6.5a 100c I bought from amazon for $61. They seem great for the Xmaxx. I don't dare put them in the Kraton now though. LOL
I hear good things about the CNHL G+ graphenes, so ordered a set of those for the Kraton. 6a 70c $90 for the pair. Will have to stand them on their sides to fit though. Too wide for the battery trays.

Kraton is much better handling of course, it is a truggy. That Xmaxx though..just a straight hooligan! So fun and forgiving. Shame TRX is such an ethical disgrace.

Last edited:
Think I just smoked the motor in my Xmaxx. The shaft is like 10mm out of the can on the pinion side!!😜🤣🤣
Crazy!! It's below freezing here, ripped it for like 10 minutes, thought the pinion gear moved, nope, the whole shaft is coming out!! Whoa!!

Think I just smoked the motor in my Xmaxx. The shaft is like 10mm out of the can on the pinion side!!😜🤣🤣
Crazy!! It's below freezing here, ripped it for like 10 minutes, thought the pinion gear moved, nope, the whole shaft is coming out!! Whoa!!
You've de-laminated your shaft. Which sounds like it could also be a medical condition. 🤣

You can get replacement rotors, I hope Or it's the ideal excuse to put something crazier in! 😝

You've de-laminated your shaft. Which sounds like it could also be a medical condition. 🤣

You can get replacement rotors, I hope Or it's the ideal excuse to put something crazier in! 😝
I took it apart, bearing seized, overheated the plastic end bell..yeah, the mighty Vilenion Xmaxx motor has plastic end bells!!🤣🤣
Good news, I think I can save it for $14! New end bells, bearings and spacers are just $14. There is some good in TRX I suppose..LOL. As to why the shaft is coming out, it seems the brass spacer disintegrated? Weird. For $14, I gotta try, otherwise a motor swap requires a whole new mount..$$$.

Happy Christmas you lot! May Santa empty his sack productively.....let me rephrase that - may you all have the Corally presents that you've been hoping for!
1000014223.jpg

Back