Hobbywing 4274 motor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels007

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
I have a Max 8/4274 motor combo In my Sketer. When letting off the throttle or being rolled down a slight grade it coasts to a stop while reversing or being pushed "Normal". However when going forward, it sort of jerks to a stop at the end of coasting "not normal". Any ideas or has anyone run into this?
When driving the truck it sounds normal-no binding or straining. It happens whether the truck is on or off. I also checked the drag brake and it's set to 0%.
I took temps after running it hard for about 20 to 30 minutes. The motor stayed at 120F and other parts of the center drive train peaked at 98F.

So, it rolls backwards easier than forwards when pushed by hand?

So, it rolls backwards easier than forwards when pushed by hand?
Yup and it doesn't matter if it's on or off. I slid the motor back to disengage the pinion from the spur gear and the truck rolls freely with out hesitation.

Yup and it doesn't matter if it's on or off. I slid the motor back to disengage the pinion from the spur gear and the truck rolls freely with out hesitation.
Huh, IDK..it does seem odd, but everything seems fine, temps, performance? Send it!?👌😁

Ya everything else seems fine. it's just that sudden jerk at the end of rolling that bugs me. I just didn't want to wear out the rest of the drivetrain prematurely.

Ya everything else seems fine. it's just that sudden jerk at the end of rolling that bugs me. I just didn't want to wear out the rest of the drivetrain prematurely.
Perhaps you might ask that question over on AF if you haven't already? More eyes and ears over there.

Back